Which ship Fascination or Triumph

airlink diva

I have a group of friends that want to do cruise early 2010.

While I have several cruises under my belt and normally prefer longer cruises, the people that want me to do the cruise with them either only sailed once or not at all.

We have it down to two ships. Both offer a nice sailings and the ports are good ones. We are looking at either the Fascination 5 day Bahama cruise or Triumph 5 day Western Caribbean cruise.

The Triumph was a top pick because of the port location New Orleans. New Orleans is a short 5 hour drive from the Memphis, Olive Branch and Horn Lake area. The Triumph is a larger ship with balconies (which a few in the group want). Several have mention that they want to visit Cozumel for the ruins,snorkeling,etc.

The Fascination is the other top pick because of the long port time in Nassau where several things can be done in one day without rushing. Also, Half Moon Cay is one of the most stunning beaches without the hassle of vendors. The only drawback to the Fascination is out of Jacksonville and that's a longer drive (we all work for an airline and can fly standby).

I really have no problem doing either one. I want to sail on the Triumph because I really wanted to do the bar hop in Cozumel and I've never been to Progreso (I sailed on the Fantasy in May, but our cruise was changed due to the Swine Flu scare). But the Fascination was the very first cruise ship that I sailed on and was the one that started the cruise bug. I also like the fact of the long port time in Nassau so I can do a longer snorkling tour and a late tour. I've also been to Half Moon Cay several times and think it's the perfect beach day.

I want to get insight from others on which to pick?

I would pick the Triumph, nice ship good crew great food last year. I also like New Orleans. The water in the Bahamas is kind of cool for me in the winter months, but if you are from a cooler climate it might not matter to your group. I like Cozumel and I like Nassau, Progresso is a different experience, and of course HMC is beautiful. I'm sure your group will have fun on either ship.

I believe that you talked yourself into the Triumph during your post! :p

Triumph would be my choice, as well.. A little bigger, better departure port for most, as well as balcony cabins for those who want them!:)

Besides, the DW and I were married in Ocho Rios while sailing on the Triumph in 2004!!!:rolleyes:;):D Naturally, a favorite.....

We just got off the Triumph. She is newer then the Fascination, I think bigger as well. She is a beauty inside. Great crew, great shows, great food. We left out of NYC. VERY smooth all around. It has the outdoor movies on the big screen. AND....24 hours a day pizza!!!:p

We have sailed both. As everyone has mentioned, the Triumph is larger. We sailed the Fascination right after it was upgraded and thought the ship overall was very nice and both my DH and I liked that it was a bit smaller. If you are a balcony snob like we are, the Triumph has better options since only suites have balconies on the Fascination.

Thanks for the replys! Right now,the vote is close. The Triumph is really appealing because it's close to everyone. But we have those that want to visit Atlantis and spend a long day in port.

I really don't care but if I'm on a cruiseship, I'm a happy gal!!

for 28 days in Jan 2010. I think I heard they would add balconies then, but I am not 100% sure on that. I would probably go based on ports over ships b/c even the "older/smaller" ships are awesome, esp if it has just come out of dry dock.

Our vote is for the Fascination if they are both 5-night sailings. We liked the layout of the Triumph also. Seems to us that your main problem is deciding what ports interests your group the most.

Well, we are getting ready to go on our Third Triumph Cruise.... and she really is a great ship.

Wanted to make a comment about the first week of May.... we went on the Triumph the first week of May in 2003 AND 2004 - and it was WONDERFUL!!!

There were very few children on the cruise, and the weather was amazing. It is also considered slow season, so the prices were a lot cheaper.

Hope that helps,

Catrin

Thanks for the replys! Right now,the vote is close. The Triumph is really appealing because it's close to everyone. But we have those that want to visit Atlantis and spend a long day in port.

I really don't care but if I'm on a cruiseship, I'm a happy gal!!

I vote for Triumph as well, have you thought of the 7-day, then you could also have Atlantis as well with the Bahamas itinerary.....and as far as the drive goes, a straight shot down I-55 and that is not a bad ride either, had a brother that lilved in Horn Lake...have a great time in NO and on your cruise!

I have been on the Carnival Glory and was on the Facination in Feb 09. The boat is old. The smell of septic was everywhere in the boat at different times--totally discusting. Pool areas were very congested and they piped in the same music hour after hour. I would stay away.

Archived