Shopping at the Pier in San Juan Before a Cruise?

wesp

I recall earlier posts regarding shopping at the pier in San Juan before departure. Is it true that passengers can check-in and then leave the ship to shop for last minute supplies, specifically canned soft drinks?

My wife and I both like caffeine-free cola (sorry - sprite, etc. doesn't count) and usually bring a six or twelve-pack along. Since we are flying to San Juan, I don't think the airlines would let us carry soda in our luggage, so I am hopeful we can get something at the pier.

Thanks!

Wesley

Yes once checked in you can board the ship drop things off in your room and leave the ship as often as you like..........I do the same thing as I am not allowed caffeine and they do not carry on the ship caffeine Pepsi or coke. Think I had to go into town for it to Walgreen's

There is a duty free store in the series of buildings at the pier where they sell soft drinks, liquor, beer, cigs, etc. We went off the ship later in the day after embarkation a couple of times and picked up wine and soft drinks. We had no problem returning, just remember to take your seapass.

George

Last year when we were getting on the Constellation, several in our party went to the duty free store and were assured that anything that we bought, we coud take onboard. As we passed a young man sitting at a table set up before we boarded, he took our bags with the duty free store logo on it. He finally agreed to let the three of us have one bottle each and I did bring in some diet coke. This year, I'm bringing my own bags.

Archived