Money exchange at cruise dock in Vancouver

Is there somewhere to exchange money at the cruise dock in Vancouver? We will be staying in Vancouver for two days post cruise and would like to exchange a little bit money when we arrive for taxi ride to hotel, etc. If I cannot do this, will a Canadian taxi driver take US dollars or a credit card?

If I cannot do this, will a Canadian taxi driver take US dollars or a credit card?

Yes and yes. Sorry, I don't recall a foreign exchange booth at either pier, but US dollars are accepted in Vancouver, although the exchange rate will not be as favorable at merchants as at a bank. Cab drivers, hotel bellmen, etc. all appreciate tips in Amercian dollars because they are worth more than ours right now. Honestly, I don't think you should worry about this too much; if you can't tend to it right away I'm sure there will be ample time to change some money once you are settled. :)

Enjoy your cruise, and Vancouver.

Is there somewhere to exchange money at the cruise dock in Vancouver? We will be staying in Vancouver for two days post cruise and would like to exchange a little bit money when we arrive for taxi ride to hotel, etc. If I cannot do this, will a Canadian taxi driver take US dollars or a credit card?

As previously mentioned, taxis will take US cash (most likely at par) and credit cards.

If you want to exchange money, you can go to Vancouver Bullion and Currency Exchange at Pender and Howe (less than a 5 minute walk from Canada Place). They are only open Mon to Fri, though. If I am not mistaken, there is also a travelex at the Pan Pacific. Otherwise, there are quite a few currency exchange places in downtown.

On the Canada Place Convention level....right above the cruise ship level is a money exchange booth....but there are also ATM's in that lobby area as well that may be easier for you on exchange rates. Just use your ATM card and you will get the American equivalent in CDN$ from the machine.

But those who have said the cabs/limos wil take US$ are also correct.

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I will look around for an exchange booth, if there isn't any around, I will just deal with it when we get to our hotel. Only thing is we arrive on a Saturday, will we be able to exchange any money then anywhere?

Archived