New itineraries needed

Susan07470

Having come back from an absolutely splendid journey on the Spirit to Croatia, I looked to see what the future offered. While I did want to try the new ships, I did not want to repeat ports that I had been to previously. Enter Silversea, a line that I do not like as much, although my husband sees them as equals. The itineraries offered on Silversea were much more interesting and the free air was also an inducement. I hope Seabourn starts venturing into new arenas. I do not want to go to Livorno anymore. So I'm off to Hong Kong on the Shadow.:confused:

Having come back from an absolutely splendid journey on the Spirit to Croatia, I looked to see what the future offered. While I did want to try the new ships, I did not want to repeat ports that I had been to previously. Enter Silversea, a line that I do not like as much, although my husband sees them as equals. The itineraries offered on Silversea were much more interesting and the free air was also an inducement. I hope Seabourn starts venturing into new arenas. I do not want to go to Livorno anymore. So I'm off to Hong Kong on the Shadow.:confused:

If you had looked down the page you would have seen this question asked by Hobar and well answered by Whipro. We were on the Spirit in Singapore, Bangkok, Viet Nam, Hong Kong and China last Feb/Mar. Wonderful 22 day cruise. :cool:

Unfortunately, we are not retired and cannot take a 22 day trip. I did look; I did not desire to go to Viet Nam or Thailand. The Silversea itinerary is much more varied including Hong Kong, Shanghai, Xiamen, 2 stops in Taiwan and one in Japan. I like things that are a little novel. That is why I choose the Dalmation Gems to Slovenia, Montenegro and Croatia. The trip which was super.

Susan,

Check out September 27, 2010 on the Pride. It's a 10 day from Kobe, Japan and ends in Beijing with an overnight tour there included. Stops are Kagoshima, Nagasaki, three ports in South Korea, Dalian and Beijing. If you want a novel itinerary this is it. You really should have your TA so some research for you.

Thanks, but I booked already on Silversea. 65% off and free air is a tremendous inducement. As for my TA she is giving us another 8%. Looking forward to the new ships maybe travelling to New Zealand, smaller ports in Alaska or the Artic Circle. If only Eric, Armand and Chef Willie could be on them all.

Dear Susan, just thought I would mention the weather, I guess it will be around Jan - March, for your trip, it will be cold and could be rough seas, going that way, but I am sure you will have fun. But, you could be lucky!

I live in Hong Kong you are going to visit one of the best city's in the world, do take some time to visit Hong Kong, its not all just shopping.

The trip is in November. From the charts I looked at the temperature is moderate and the precip is the lowest of the year. I will just layer my clothes.

I am indeed looking forward to my stay in Hong Kong. We will be there three days prior to the cruise. We definitely have no desire to visit Macau and would like to take a day trip to see a more traditional community. Any suggestions?

Well Susan, not much of the 'old stuff' here, Hong Kongers like to be modern and not hung up about the past, unlike we Brits!!

There are a few 'old' fishing towns which may be worth a visit, you can catch a ferry from Aberdeen (Aberdeen which is about 20 mins from Central - Hong Kong Island cost in taxi $100HK) to Lamma Island, or if really brave you can hire a Sampan, have to say I would not do that as it crosses over the main shipping lane, but people do.

A drive out to Stanley to see the coast line is a must, maybe on the no 6 Bus, front seat, top deck a must!!

If nearer the time you would like suggestions for the evenings please let me know, happy to inform you the good places, but then it is all down to ones own taste

November time is lovely in Hong Kong, warm/hot by day, cool at night. Angie

i agree. prefer Seabourn but have been to 99% of places offered. Silversea has much more varied itineraries so we just today booked Singapore to Dubai for March 2010. Been to Singapore, but goes through India, Maylasia.

Unfortunately, we are not retired and cannot take a 22 day trip. I did look; I did not desire to go to Viet Nam or Thailand. The Silversea itinerary is much more varied including Hong Kong, Shanghai, Xiamen, 2 stops in Taiwan and one in Japan. I like things that are a little novel. That is why I choose the Dalmation Gems to Slovenia, Montenegro and Croatia. The trip which was super.

Actually, Viet Nam was, much to my surprise, one of the most exotic and beautiful places I'd ever been.

Thanks, but I booked already on Silversea. 65% off and free air is a tremendous inducement. As for my TA she is giving us another 8%. Looking forward to the new ships maybe travelling to New Zealand, smaller ports in Alaska or the Artic Circle. If only Eric, Armand and Chef Willie could be on them all.

what TA gives you add'l 8% off?

Ditto us for Vietnam -- would definitely go back there. Halong Bay is one of the most beautiful spots in the world IMHO -- last time we spent the day going to Hanoi -- next time I would love to sail around the bay in a junk.

Ditto us for Vietnam -- would definitely go back there. Halong Bay is one of the most beautiful spots in the world IMHO -- last time we spent the day going to Hanoi -- next time I would love to sail around the bay in a junk.

I was lucky enough to overnight in Ha Long Bay so I was able to do Ha Noi (once is enough) and the following day sail around the Bay in a junk...I would love to go back to Ha Long Bay.

Cheers

ging466

Archived