CDG to Paris Transportation

Berwin

We will be doing a 4 nite stopover in Paris prior to going on to Istanbul to board our cruise ship, the Oceania Regatta. Planning to stay in Paris in the 8th arrondisement. Wife does not believe in traveling light and with liquid and per piece weight restrictions, I will probably have 4 suitcases ( 2 large, 2 smaller). Looking for suggestions for transfer from CDG to hotel and the reverse 4 days later. Trying to get an idea on time required to return from Paris to CDG so I can schedule flight from CDG to IST.:)

With your luggage I would not take the RER steps, getting through terminals and turnstiles. Taxi woul be best but two options exist.

One the Roissy bus to Opera then cab or

Two http://www.parishuttle.com not the quickest if they are picking up after you but the best price.

Time to airport depends on traffic which can be bad figure an hour and be happy when it is shorter.

Cab would be €50-60 to central Paris, and they charge extra for more than one piece of luggage, so you may be asked to pay a bit more than what the meter says. One money-saving strategy would be to take the Air France bus (for anyone, not just AF passengers - see http://videocdn.airfrance.com/cars-airfrance/index_en.html) to the Etoile for €15 and pick up a cab there to your final destination. The busses have luggage bins, they are not like city busses.

We will be doing a 4 nite stopover in Paris prior to going on to Istanbul to board our cruise ship, the Oceania Regatta. Planning to stay in Paris in the 8th arrondisement. Wife does not believe in traveling light and with liquid and per piece weight restrictions, I will probably have 4 suitcases ( 2 large, 2 smaller). Looking for suggestions for transfer from CDG to hotel and the reverse 4 days later. Trying to get an idea on time required to return from Paris to CDG so I can schedule flight from CDG to IST.:)

Really TAXI is the best for you hands down even if extra for more luggage...really worth the price IMHO,and I have goen into Paris amny ways.Your hotel can call a Taxi for you when you are ready to leave.Depending on time of day there may or not be traffic as with any city.Make SURE you get a taxi at the taxi stand and they say Taxi Parisan(sp) on top as you will be approched as you leave the terminal and you DO NOT want to go with anyone of these people as it is a big rip off.You will see signs for the taxi.I can't say that enough as they sound so good these people.Have a great time in Paris.If you really do not want a taxi then the Paris Shuttle is good as the previous poster said.

Archived