Prinvess vs Carnival

coachj5452

I have cruised 4 times on Carnival and once on Costa. I have always had a great time. I will now be cruising on the Crown Princess in December. How do you think Princess stacks up against Carnival? My wife and I are not young, but we enjoy being active. Will there be as much to do? How about the food? Is it better? Thanks for any info.

We have never had a bad cruise on Carnival, but we prefer Princess. Princess seems less congested and a little more elegant (but not stuffy). You won't see dancing waiters or towel animals on Princess but you will find nice understated friendly service. Food is certainly subjective. Personally we enjoy Carnival's MDR food better, but not by much.

Having said that, when we cruise with our kids we usually cruise Carnival as there are usually more kids their age.

Thanks. I've never had a bad cruise on Carnival either. I usually select a cruise based on sailing port, cost, destination, and time of sailing. For this trip Princess won because of sailing date. I also think it will be fun to try something new. I figure if I can sit down to a meal without cooking, setting the table, serving, and cleaning up, how bad can the food be? I'm sure I'll find something I like to eat-probably TOO much :D.

I would sail on either cruise line and by my signature you can see that I have each booked and sailed each in the past.

I would say I found the food to be pretty much equal to each other, but Princess had more late night options than Carnival and better room service choices IMO.

Princess ships are more elegant, subdued, while Carnival is pretty flashy.

Miniature golf, slides on Carnival get a plus, MUTS on Princess gets a plus.

I actually thought Princess had more daily activities - Carnival seemed to do more trivia, game shows etc. On Princess they had survivor by the pool, drink demonstrations, martini tastings, playstation contests on the big tv. However I preferred the nightly entertainment options on Carnival I think more, but better comedians on Princess.

Princess seems less congested and a little more elegant (but not stuffy). You won't see dancing waiters or towel animals on Princess but you will find nice understated friendly service.

I agree. We have sailed on several different lines, but Princess is our preferred line. We have sailed 11 times with them, mainly on lengthy cruises. We like the understated elegance of the ships, the friendly crew, the great itineraries, and the good food. There are a lot of various activities always going on, so you can pick according to your own taste. They have nice gyms, good production shows at night, bingo, trivia, a jogging track, golf simulator. dancing lessons, and much much more. I think you will be pleased.

I would sail on either cruise line and by my signature you can see that I have each booked and sailed each in the past.

I would say I found the food to be pretty much equal to each other, but Princess had more late night options than Carnival and better room service choices IMO.

Princess ships are more elegant, subdued, while Carnival is pretty flashy.

Miniature golf, slides on Carnival get a plus, MUTS on Princess gets a plus.

I actually thought Princess had more daily activities - Carnival seemed to do more trivia, game shows etc. On Princess they had survivor by the pool, drink demonstrations, martini tastings, playstation contests on the big tv. However I preferred the nightly entertainment options on Carnival I think more, but better comedians on Princess.

I have to agree with this also - especially since we just returned from our first Carnival cruise in many years on the Inspiration. We just wanted a quick get away and it worked out very well. But will add that I find that Princess ships are much easier to go from point A to point B - the Carnival ship seemed harder to find your way around.

We also have sailed many times on Princess & she seems to fit us best though. As for the food - IMHO - Princess Buffets & Cafes have much better food - dining room food is a toss up - but Princess lobster is much better.:D I think you will be very happy in your choice and have a great time!

Have sailed on Carnival only 1 time, but really enjoyed that cruise and would do Carnival again! Princess is not Vegas flashy like Carnival, but a more subdued elegance. Dinners are quiet on Princess, no singing or dancing and no color games!!!! Food, although subjective, is a bit better on Princess and the buffet also wins hands down.

Entertainment is about equal and well as the service. If you enjoy Carnival, you will like Princess:)

We love Carnival and Princess! Princess is a little more posh, but in no way stuffy. Carnival's MDR may have the slightest edge, but Princess' buffet has the edge. You will find numerous activities on Princess during the day and night. Princess also has fresh water pools and M.U.T.S. Carnival has the new Waterworks. We now choose according to itinerary and price. If you've enjoyed Carnival, you'll love Princess!

You won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!

Carnival and Princess are the two lines we cruise the most, as was mentioned, Princess is in many ways the same as Carnival, just without the "fun" stuff" towel animals etc.

Myself, I prefer the food on Carnival, however that is subjective and the food on the Sapphire in May was very good (I gained 17 lbs in a week ! ) the steak house on Carnival is better IMHO.

The main difference for me though is the bedding, it is far better on Carnival, however I think Princess is supposed to upgrade all their beds and bedding by the end of October this year.

Other than that, I would sail with either line in a heart beat.

Archived