Has it Dawned on you yet?

CHOPPERTESTER

We were on the Dawn last week and the menus got boring. In addition, this was the first time I had trouble getting into a MDR. We arrived at the Venetian at 5:30 and were told a 1 hour wait. We went to the Aqua and walked right in. NCL has really done something to mess up their restaurant situation. The hostess would send you down to the DR when you came back to check on your time. She would send lots of people down at once and I do not think it had anything to do with the names on the list. It was extremely disorganized.

We had a fabulous meal in Teppanyaki but ate in the MDR, Blue Lagoon or Buffet the other nights. I was disappointed in the dining experience on this cruise as a whole...and that is the first time I have said that after 6 NCL cruises.

Same Here Riddle. We were on the Dawn August 2nd sailing and had the same sort of problems. This is our third NCL cruise, however, it was our first "freestyle" type cruise. I have to say that we were disappointed with the food in the MDR's (though we did think that Aqua was a bit better than Venetian), and we were absolutely disappointed in the Garden Cafe food. My brother and his wife were on the Spirit last year (I think) and they said that it was much better foodwise.

We ate at Le Bistro 2 times, and we ate at Bamboo once and both were excellent, we would have eaten at the specialty restaurants more if we could get reservations for times that we wanted them

This is our third NCL cruise, however, it was our first "freestyle" type cruise. I have to say that we were disappointed with the food in the MDR's (though we did think that Aqua was a bit better than Venetian), and we were absolutely disappointed in the Garden Cafe food. My brother and his wife were on the Spirit last year (I think) and they said that it was much better foodwise.

We ate at Le Bistro 2 times, and we ate at Bamboo once and both were excellent, we would have eaten at the specialty restaurants more if we could get reservations for times that we wanted them

That was almost identical to our experience in May.

Compared to our other NCL cruises, the food was not nearly as good. By mid-week, the menus became boring, not worth the trouble, so we went with the Garden Cafe, where the quality again did match past cruises.

One night we tried Le Bistro, probably the best food we've ever had at sea, on any line.

The static menus are great if the lineup includes five or six things you savor. If there's only one or two, you're in trouble -- and really in a fix if your prime rib that night is Goodyear.

If NCL needs to freeze the menus, they might consider offering more entrees on those menus.

On our sailing, there were often long lines to get in the Aqua and Venetian, which we avoided by eating when the doors opened.

• 1 month later...

Archived