Malta Trip Report

We just got back from the NCL Gem and on our port day in MALTA, I booked a private tour with Malta Travelnet.

Malta Travelnet enquiry@touringmalta.com

Chris (356) 21 650 486 (0900hrs to 2100hrs CET from Mon to Sat)

I preplanned the trip down to the minute with Chris, and everything went very smooth! We wanted to swim in the Mediterranean, since this was the only port we could do so. This was one of our best days in port, albeit the shortest!

We were met by Joan and driver Andrea for the tour, right as we walked off the ship. They are registered and are able to be on the deck where the ships dock.

The van was spacious, clean, new and air conditioned!

Joan was very knowledgeable and after spending the day with her, we caught her excitement for her beautiful country! I recommend using Malta Travelnet and ask for Joan!

Here is our itinerary:

8:00 in port, off ship

8:30 Private Tour pick-up with Malta Travelnet

9:00 – 9:45 AM: Mdina (we normally visit this site for 1hr)

Medina is a medieval walled city, nicknamed "the Silent City. The walled city of Mdina is very small - only a long city block long and wide, I'd say. There were several streets each way, but very short blocks. Mdina Medieval City (walking tour or tour by horse drawn cabs - traditional mode of transport know as the karozzin)

9:45 – 10:15 AM: drive to Blue Grotto

10:15 – 12:00 AM: boat trip and quick swim stunning Blue Grotto (here you can grab a boat trip that takes through a series of coastal caves which are really stunning).

12:00 – 12:30 PM: drive to Valletta try to grab a snack or light lunch. Tour of the Upper Barraka Gardens.

12:30 – 1:45 PM: Valletta/St. John's Co. Cathedral (09.30hrs to 16.30hrs) Adults €5.80 Senior €4.65 Student: €3.50 Children under 12 Free The entrance fee includes the provision of handheld audio guides with 24 stops

*****proper dress no bare shoulders//high heels

1400hrs return to ship

Entrance fees - PAID LOCALLY and are OPTIONAL:

St. John's Co. Cathedral is EUR5.82 per person,

Blue Grotto is EUR7.00 per person and you will need 3 cabbies if you want to do the horse drawn cab trip around Mdina, this will amount to EUR120.00/10 (for all of you) = EUR12.00 per person

Malta TravelNet Team

3:00 Departure

Archived