Do you HAVE to get off the ship at the ports?

jennlynnmahan

Not at all!!! The only port she needs to get off at, on her own and not with the assistance of security carrying her kicking and screaming, is the embarkation/debarkation port....

Some ports have a small shopping complex right off the pier. She could stay on board or opt to get off and wander through the shops and pick up a few goodies for friends/family back at home.

Enjoy your trip!

I didn't know the ships would be that empty if I stayed on,but why stay on. You have your sign and sail card, and they check you off the ship, and take a picture of you, and then you can wander, or plan a trip prior to arrival and go see something. I was going to get off in Nassau last year but the Cruise director gave such a stunningg speech and the films of excursions took all my fears away. I went off and snorkeled in not so warm or calm seas, and had a blast. Then I cam back on and someone took my picture again. They are always taking pictures. I am mores scared of a camera than getting off the ship. I can't see the world when only one window is open.

There is only one time I remember everyone being forced off the ship was on the Glory when we had to go through immigration in St. Thomas since we went to Nassau first. They made everyone get off. We had a later tour and were forced off earlier than we wanted.

Archived