leaving Baltimore in late fall/winter?

BigRed93

How long does it take to get to warmer weather?

Assuming your first sea day is an inside day, at what point could you go out without heavy clothes? (under normal weather conditions)

thx!

If you have lived in the Mid-Atlantic area you know that the weather between say, Mid October and Mid December can run anywhere from highs in the upper 40's to highs in the upper 70's. Generally we don't get a constant cold run (30's -40's) until after Christmas. That being said, after leaving Baltimore, by the 2nd sea day it should be noticably warmer.

Oliver

How long does it take to get to warmer weather?

Assuming your first sea day is an inside day, at what point could you go out without heavy clothes? (under normal weather conditions)

thx!

It really depends on when you are talking about...if the east coast is having a cold snap that runs to FL, say in Jearly an, I have seen Orlando not get about 50-55 (I was in Disney at the time!). If that is the case, it really won't get warm until you get off the coast of S. Fla. Or as the other poster said, we could be 60+ degrees - especially if we are having Indian Summer say in early Nov.

We sailed from Bayonne in Feb. of 2008. It was a 9 night cruise. We left in winter coats. By the middle of the 2nd day we were in our bathing suits. The pools always felt chilly and the ocean temp. also wasn't as warm as Aug. when we usually sail. Coming back, we were at the pool (hot and sunny), the first day back up, the 2nd day back we sat out for a while in pants with towels on. We arrived home to snow on the ground. Not sure how much time you would lose for a 7 night trip. I would do the 9 night again in a heartbeat. The captain did say we had unusually warm weather during our trip.

Thanks for the replys. I know the answer would be it depends, just wanted some idea. I can't seem to convince DH, who thinks his vacation doesn't start until he is by the pool in 90 degree sunshine. He would consider two chilly days at sea a waste.

I'll have to keep working on him. Maybe another warm weather one with lots of sea days first. :D

Archived