Belize help

Cruisin Sal

Has anyone been on the Grand recently and taken the Altun Ha tour? I want to know how strenuous it is. Is there a lot of walking - uphill- or stairs? How hot was it? Did it get dark before the tour was finished? We are not as young as we used to be!!!

Sally

From one who is "only 39" (with quite a number of years' experience at that date), I recommend the Altun Ha excursion. I know you are younger than I am. It was all on the level, unless you wanted to climb a pyramid. We enjoyed it very much. Of course, it is a much smaller site than, say, Chichen Itza, or even Tulum, but the walking was quite easy. There is some standing around. Bring water and a hat. Our tour got us back to the ship long before dark, but it wasn't on the Grand. Go and enjoy! You know you can trust me! Nancy

I was on the Coral Princess in 11/04. [Panama canal cruise.] I did the Lamanai and New River cruise. Very enjoyable with a 20 mile river trip each way with some wildlife and beautiful scenery. The ruins wre impressive and there were a lot of Howler monkeys at the site. Grounds were fairly flat for walking. We were the only group there---about 40 people with 2 guides and a great lunch cooked by local women.

Archived