Baggage and flights and dis/embarkation

Gelbel

My flights (internal from Manchester to Heathrow, then to Venice - and return....shame :p) are with BA and part of the package I have purchased via my TA with MSC. This also includes transfers to the ship.

When I check in at Manchester, when will I see my baggage again? Venice? or actually on board?

I assume what I get going out, I will get coming home?

Unfortunately, you will need to reclaim them from the baggage carousel in venice airport. You should then put on the MSC labels they will send you with your tickets. Outside the baggae hall you will find MSC reps, they will direct you to a coach. You take your luggage out to the coach. After that you don't need to do anything with it. They will bring it onboard the ship and deliver it to your cabin.

Coming back, is slightly similar. You will be supplied with new labels. You need to put these on your case and put them outside your cabin the night before you leave (usally by 1am). The next morning after you've had your breakfast, you go to the lounge they have assigned depending on the colour of label you were given. Once you hear your colour called, you leave the ship. In the port terminal building you will find all the luggage laid out in sections depending on the colour of the labels. You collect your cases and leave the building. There will be coaches waiting. There will be some MSC staff around who will be able to tell you which coach to go to. You take your luggage over to the coach you are going to board. Once at the airport, they will uinload the luggage. You claim yours and take it in to the airport and checkin as normal.

Don't forget to take a holdall or carry on bag for the last night - as you will need something to put the things you needed to get ready in the morning.

...Don't forget to take a holdall or carry on bag for the last night - as you will need something to put the things you needed to get ready in the morning.

Also remember the air-travel rules governing liquids in carry-on luggage. (Put larger bottles in the luggage that you're leaving in the corridor for checking at the airport, or leave room for your toiletries kit in one of those bags and transfer the kit to the checkable bag the next morning when you're on the pier.)

Thanks Amo Mondo - aware of the bags out at some silly hour rule and have what you need for the day........

Signore John - I either dump stuff or just open up and pop in the suitcase when queuing to check in. But am I am gal that travels light so it would be very bad planning on my part if I had any 'forbidden' liquids.

Thanks folks for prompt replies.:cool:

Archived