No Bag tags or Transfer Slips?

Cal Cruiser

Sorry you don't like the tiles but we love them.

We have been collecting them for years and treasure them.

If you don't want them, give them away or tell your steward to not leave you one but don't deny the rest of us getting them.

I almost have enough for work I want to do with them in my

kitchen. We have hundreds and want more. :D

Yes, we liked the first 50+, too. But as I said in my post, I give them to other cruisers who don't have as many as we do. The point is: I'm sure the tiles are much more expensive than the small amount of cost to send the bag tags regular U.S. MAIL!!! Maybe we'll be on the same cruise one of these days and you can have our tiles to finish your kitchen.

Surely there are other areas where they could "cut back" ... tiles, for instance. I have so many that I give them to other cruisers on the ship!
I happen to like the tiles. No one forces you to take them, and the more that are declined by those of you who don't want any more, the less HAL has to have made for the rest of us. Similarly, we wouldn't miss getting the canvas tote bags, but I'm sure there are many that want them.

DON'T take away the tiles, HAL!

I happen to like the tiles. No one forces you to take them, and the more that are declined by those of you who don't want any more, the less HAL has to have made for the rest of us. Similarly, we wouldn't miss getting the canvas tote bags, but I'm sure there are many that want them.

DON'T take away the tiles, HAL!

No one said the tiles aren't nice. The point is: if HAL is trying to "cut back" they logically should start with the more expensive items. I hadn't dare included the tote bags in my post because I knew what a response THAT would get (like the tiles!) Besides, if they start with the cruiser making their own bag tags do you think tiles and totes are far behind??? Maybe we could make our own??? LOL

No one said the tiles aren't nice. The point is: if HAL is trying to "cut back" they logically should start with the more expensive items. I hadn't dare included the tote bags in my post because I knew what a response THAT would get (like the tiles!) Besides, if they start with the cruiser making their own bag tags do you think tiles and totes are far behind??? Maybe we could make our own??? LOL

I have heard that making the tiles and bags will be the next arts and crafts project on the cruises. They are buying kilns and professional quality sewing machines for the projects.

Why do they put in a cruise book? It must weigh five times more than the bag tags?

I do not know who takes a sharpie to the dock to fill out their bag tags? It is just to much trouble when trying to check in to get on the ship. I feel that they should leave out the cruise book and give us back the bag tags!!!

You all make me laugh, it's a luggage tag. I do not understand the complaint. You can download them or wait till you get to the port. The airlines do not send out luggage tags. Some of you sound like it will ruin your cruise.

I don't see anyone saying it will ruin their cruise. Could you please quote that person....I seem to have missed that one:rolleyes:. Yeah....print them off the website.....flimsy paper.....that will hold on to the bags a long time.

We seem to be discussing this issue on two different threads ("Luggage Tags" and "No Bag Tags or Transfer Slips").

Could one of the "hosts" please merge these two threads?

Fishbabe...Hosts normally do not have the time to read every thread & post unless someone logs a complaint about a post, or if there is a thread which particularly interests them..Therefore, they may not get to see your post...

To ask that the threads become merged you should send an e-mail to one of the Hosts:

Try either Walt or Joe..

hostwalt@cruisecritic.com or hostjoe@cruisecritic.com

I agree with you, perhaps this also should become a sticky for a couple of months..

Betty

Good post, Betty. I hope the CCL stock continues to go up for you. I was with a company for 16 years and when we were bought out by another company they promised we would maintain our autonomy. What a joke! It didn't happen. No matter what they say, you can be sure Mickey Arison (CCL) is still calling the shots.

With regard to the bag tags, if they are still making them available they are still incurring the paper cost just not the minimal cost of mailing! I'm very disappointed even though (I'm surprised) most posters seem perfectly willing to make their own at their expense and inconvenience!

Sorry still disagree..What so many fail to realize is that HAL is not a new acquisition..Carnival acquired Holland on Jan. 17 1989..

HAL-Westtours has a CEO, Pres, & other Officers which dictate policies..

Check out the Carnival Corporation's History & Hal's history...

Carnival Corp History: http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Carnival-Corporation-Company-History.html

Hal History: http://book.hollandamerica.com/about/history.do?date=1800

Since 1989 HAL has been & still is an autonomous entity..

Betty

I do not know who takes a sharpie to the dock to fill out their bag tags? It is just to much trouble when trying to check in to get on the ship. I feel that they should leave out the cruise book and give us back the bag tags!!!
No one has to take a sharpie. The porters will have markers and bag tags, and it will take them a couple of seconds per bag to fill them out and put them on for those of you who insist it's too much trouble to do them at home.

BTW, you won't get the "cruise book" any more either for cruises leaving after Sept 25.

Yeah....print them off the website.....flimsy paper.....that will hold on to the bags a long time.
By the time you fold them they're three ply. If you're worried, back the page with a blank sheet before folding and they'll be six ply. And just to be safe you can put two or three of them on each bag. :rolleyes:

BTW...I mentioned that HAL had a CEO...My error..

Stein Kruse is Pres. & COO of HAL & is also on the Board of Directors of Carnival Corp..

Ok her's a Proposition: If you want me to make your baggage tags, I'll be glad to make them up mail them out to you..Let's see, what would be a reasonable price...;)

8 for $5.00..;) ;) (Hey that's a good price folks)

Delivery Time: two weeks unless I'm prepping for/or on a Cruise, then delivery time will be 2 months baring any breakdowns...:) Prices are subject to increase at any time, depending on you attitude...Complainers will be charged $10.00 extra...Why not? That's on a notice posted in my Dr's. office...:)

Cheers...Betty

P.S. (Only kidding)...;)

I have heard that making the tiles and bags will be the next arts and crafts project on the cruises. They are buying kilns and professional quality sewing machines for the projects.

Now I'm REALLY waiting for the photo pipedreams62 will find for this one ;)

I don't see anyone saying it will ruin their cruise. Could you please quote that person....I seem to have missed that one:rolleyes:. Yeah....print them off the website.....flimsy paper.....that will hold on to the bags a long time.

They don't need to hold a long time. only until you get on the ship. I've thought about printing them and laminating them but that may be a bit excessive.

I did not say it will ruin your cruise, I said the way people are whinning about this, it sounds like it could end up ruining your cruise. It is a luggage tag. It just sounds funny to me to get worked up about it.

I did not say it will ruin your cruise, I said the way people are whinning about this, it sounds like it could end up ruining your cruise. It is a luggage tag. It just sounds funny to me to get worked up about it.

Like everything else, if no one voices their displeasure then they deserve what they get. I'm sure this only the beginning! Get out the kiln and sewing machine!!! I'd also like a little cheese with my "whine" LOL

Like everything else, if no one voices their displeasure then they deserve what they get.
I don't have any displeasure over printing my own tags. I was just going to make some plain things of my own until they came up with the new option. :cool:

Sorry still disagree..What so many fail to realize is that HAL is not a new acquisition..Carnival acquired Holland on Jan. 17 1989..

HAL-Westtours has a CEO, Pres, & other Officers which dictate policies..

Check out the Carnival Corporation's History & Hal's history...

Carnival Corp History: http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Carnival-Corporation-Company-History.html

Hal History: http://book.hollandamerica.com/about/history.do?date=1800

Since 1989 HAL has been & still is an autonomous entity..

Betty

That's good to know. As an autonomous entity maybe they will see how some of their customers are disenchanted with the policy of having to make their own luggage tags! I was told by the Mariner Society that they have had many complaints regarding this issue and suggested that everyone dissatisfied should write to Stein Kruse, President of HAL in the Seattle, WA office. I for one will do so. Thanks for sharing your research.

Like everything else, if no one voices their displeasure then they deserve what they get. I'm sure this only the beginning! Get out the kiln and sewing machine!!! I'd also like a little cheese with my "whine" LOL

I do agree with you here, it is ONLY the beginning! :) Your cheese is ready.

BTW...I mentioned that HAL had a CEO...My error..

Stein Kruse is Pres. & COO of HAL & is also on the Board of Directors of Carnival Corp..

Ok her's a Proposition: If you want me to make your baggage tags, I'll be glad to make them up mail them out to you..Let's see, what would be a reasonable price...;)

8 for $5.00..;) ;) (Hey that's a good price folks)

Delivery Time: two weeks unless I'm prepping for/or on a Cruise, then delivery time will be 2 months baring any breakdowns...:) Prices are subject to increase at any time, depending on you attitude...Complainers will be charged $10.00 extra...Why not? That's on a notice posted in my Dr's. office...:)

Cheers...Betty

P.S. (Only kidding)...;)

Gosh, Betty, if you have the time and inclination to do "all that" maybe you should send a resume to HAL and they could pay you to help. LOL

I don't have any displeasure over printing my own tags. I was just going to make some plain things of my own until they came up with the new option. :cool:

A new option ... surely you jest. Once it starts there's no stopping it and, believe me, this will only be the beginning if everyone just goes along with it. They must be thrilled that so many don't mind the extra expense and inconvenience!!!

Archived