can we do all this?

lilcruzr

We would like to helmet dive with Hartley's, go to the beach with beach glass and Horseshoe beach, snorkel park, Swizzle Inn, possibly snorkel with Jessie James and buy rum cake and rum. We will be docking at the Dockyards from Wednes at 8:00 am to Friday at 5:00 pm. Is this trying to fit too much in? If not does anyone have any ideas for us so that we could do all this? I really appreciate the help.

Yes I think you can do them all.

Just do all the activities that are in the same general area the same day. For instance, you will need to take the bus (or taxi) to get the beach glass, to visit Horseshoe Bay and the NEW Swizzle Inn. Those 3 are away from the Dockyard in the order listed, but not done that way. I would do the beach glass last so I would not be carrying the beach glass around with me the entire day. A bus route #7 will get you to the 3 locations (day 1).

I believe you'll be picked up at the Dockyard for Hartley's helmet dive (day 2) and also for snorkeling with Jessie James (day 3).

The snorkel park and buying rum cake are both done at the Dockyard (any day). For rum, I'm not sure if there is a liquor store at the Dockyard.

The day I selected is just an example of how they could be done.

• 4 weeks later...

FEELN' NAUTI',

I beg to differ with you and agree with Sailbad.:)

It's completely doable since a number of the things the OP wants to do are right at the Dockyard...Snorkel Park, Rum Cake Factory, and the glass beach which is maybe a mile away.

They can get the express bus to Horseshoe Beach and the Swizzle Inn is a short hop from there.

Not sure when Hartley's or Jesse James goes out but they could probably do one on one day and the other on another like Sailbad says. There are any number of ways for the OP to do everything. It will just take a bit of pre-planning.

If they wanted to go to Hamilton and/or St. George, that would be another story. It would be tough to fit those in because of the time to get there.

OP,

One suggestion. Save some or most of your Dockyard things for the last afternoon since you'll be within walking distance of the ship and not have to worry about getting back.

Archived