Suite Guarantee, When do you find out?

marycang

This is the first time we have ever booked a cruise with a suite guarantee. We are getting ancy to find out what suite we have. When does Regent let you know what suite you have?

We are sailing on Mariner in five days. TA doesn't know, we don't know. How can Regent still be juggling suites this close to sailing.?

Please, what has your experience been with a guarantee.

This is the first time we have ever booked a cruise with a suite guarantee. We are getting ancy to find out what suite we have. When does Regent let you know what suite you have?

We are sailing on Mariner in five days. TA doesn't know, we don't know. How can Regent still be juggling suites this close to sailing.?

Please, what has your experience been with a guarantee.

We have also booked a guarantee for the first time and are waiting to find out what suite has been assigned to us. From what I've read on Cruise Critic, you may find out which suite you have anywhere from several weeks prior to sailing up to the day of embarkation when checking in. As long as you received cruise documents from Regent, you're on the cruise. Don't worry. :)

Dave

marycang, Davefr is correct. I have had guarantee suites several times, and when I have learned my cabin number has varied between sometime before cruise docs were delivered to just about boarding time. I get antsy, too! I will tell you that I have never been "upgraded" to a different "type" (say Penthouse) suite, rather have gone up in deck level to another standard suite, which is not my preference. I know this when I sign on, so just hope for the best.

Wow.. that would be crazy not to find out where you will be until embarkation! Only once have I had an H guarantee on the Voyager and found out about 4 weeks before sailing that I was upgraded to Penthouse C. Boy, was I excited!

Now that was a reason to uncork the champagne waiting in the suite when you arrived. You are only the second person I've heard of, after a few years here and "elsewhere", who lucked out on that!

We booked a H Cat. Guarantee in February for a cruise late in the year and were upgraded to a F Cat, in March. It obviously depends on the cruise and its market appeal. Good luck, at least you are sure of boarding ! Happy sailing.

We were on July 22nd Mariner cruise and didn't find out until embarkation day.

Booked a Category G Guarantee, ended up with a Category E. Although an upgrade doesn't really make a lot of difference unless you get given a Cat C or above...

Boo

Archived