Which cruise line???

SalinFL

The great dilemma...

I love to travel/cruise, husband on the other hand needs to be convinced (about cruising and traveling at all for that matter - any ladies need a gal pal?)... Anywho, I have two girls 11 & 13, both are very excited to go. I've been looking at all the options available but my main concern this trip is my girls and keeping them busy/happy. Any input on which line/ship is best for family and girls their age would greatly help in the decision process. I've looked at Royal Carib and they really seem to have a good program on paper anyway. I've read a few reviews on the Explorer, Navigator, and Voyager but can't seem to find anything recent. Everything seems to be rather old... like from Jan and Mar of 04. Many things can change on a ship in a year’s time. We are not locked into RC, I’ve also heard that Carnival is excellent at well.

Specs on our travel – departure port can be Jacksonville, Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Miami, Tampa, and New Orleans. We are military (USAF), Florida residents, non-smokers. We would like to travel during the week our girls are out of school, 27 March – 2 April but if we have to change weeks, that is not an issue.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you have too much info to share on the forum, please feel free to e-mail me at visualah@aol.com

Thanks!

Sally

Sally,

We have taken our Daughter, now 21, on Cunard, HAL, NCL, RCIx3, & Celebrityx4. Celb was her favorite when she was in her teens. She always found someone to have a good time with on every ship we were on. There is a good range of things for them to do on RCI. There will be a lot of other in their age group during spring break.

Our kids loved RCCL. Radiance class. We were on Brilliance of the Seas. Smaller ship (for RCCL) but still a large ship!!!!! About the same size as Carnival Destiny class I think. Lots to do. The Childrens program and the attention that the kids got is what will keep us loyal to RCCL for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock wall, mini golf, pool, water slide (smaller than carnival), ping pong, etc!!!!!!!!!!! If you go on a Voyager class ship you can add ice skating and in-line skating too!!!!!! However, in our research, it seems that the kids got more attention on the smaller ship.

Have fun whatever you decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived