Passport renewals

H2Otstr

I need to renew my passport before our March 2010 trip. Does anyone know what the time frame is now for this procedure? And the cost?

Sharon

Timing depends how backed up the State Department is in processing the passports. Paricularly since more people are applying for passports , given all the changes the past couple of years Best thing to do it is check directly with the U.S. Passport office. Your questions can be answered by the website and you can also the printout renewal forms on line.

You can also get the renewal forms at your local U.S. Post Office. The Post office will accept your application but no longer processes them. All applications now go through the U.S. Passport office with the State Department since the implementation of the Office of Homeland Security. So processing time is longer than in years gone by.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

I need to renew my passport before our March 2010 trip. Does anyone know what the time frame is now for this procedure? And the cost?

Sharon

Just got mine renewed-it took less than a month, and cost $75. If you go to the website xxoocruiser posted, you can download the forms you need. (Even tho mine took less than a month, and it normally takes 4-6 weeks, I like to allow extra time for the processing, and to decrease the stress level of wondering if you'll get it back in time).

• 4 months later...

Archived