Update on the reconstruction

beachlovergirl

Well, ALMOST complete. I subscribe to the local paper, The Daily Herald, and here is what I have read recently:

As of Friday, almost all of the Front Street area visited by tourists was complete, except for minor local work to pave and to install or reconnect fire hydrants and add some more benches. Minor stuff.

Some of the alleys (steeg's) that connect Front Street to Back Street are still under construction because of delays with underground cable work and a temporary shortage of the paving bricks. Finishing work there will commence next week.

As they say on the island, it isn't complete until Sarah cuts a ribbon.

(Local joke)

As I have posted here several times before, I believe that "Everyt'ing Cool" is long gone.

Last September/October I was told by locals that their rent had been raised so high that they gave up the business and moved on. No more 'Cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on St. Martin 2 years ago. We spent quite a bit of time and money at a place called The Quack Shack. Can any one tell me if it is still there? We absolutely loved this place. One more thing. They had live entertainment when we were there. The guys name was Emanuel. Does anyone know if he is still there?

Archived