Holiday Muster Drill

robwhite61

I read somewhere that the muster drill on the Holiday was held in a lounge or at least not out on deck. Can anybody confirm this?

They start out in the lounges and then you go to the lifeboats. On some sailings you stay in the lounges.

Dave

We were on the Holiday July 23.....our Muster station was in the americana lounge...it lasted all of 15 min.....we didn't go out to the lifeboats. we put our life jacket on and took it right back off. I think some of the muster stations were outside on a deck, but I'm not positive of that.

OP, in February our muster was held in the Americana lounge...and like others have said, it lasted all of 15 minutes...half of that time we were 'waiting' to see if we'd have to be called up on deck, which we didn't. They told us we didn't have to wear our life jackets because we'd be more comfortable without them.

Don't mind KY transplant...the Holiday's an old ship, but the event and dining staffs are great. The port of Mobile was a breeze to get in and out of, and we met a lot of really nice people.

We will be going for our 3rd time in September on the Holiday. Last Dec when we sailed on her we were in the Americana Lounge and my inlaws were on the Lido deck. All passengers at that time did have to put on their life jackets and did have to go out on deck to the life boats. The same was true in Sept of 07.

The crew, wait staff, all employees of the Holiday are wonderful. It will be a cruise you wouldn't want to miss. Just remember The Holiday is older than most ships and she has spent her time making memorys for many people. She may not be the diamond of the Carnival fleet but she certainly is a ruby!

Ours was also at the Bus Stop lounge - but NOT squeezed in like sardines! We commented on how much nicer that muster was than the others we have had standing in the sun on deck. We did go up to the life boats for about 5 minutes, just enough to see where we would have to go, just in case! No big deal, the muster is just another way I know I'm on a cruise! (and besides, everyone needs that muster drill picture!!!)

Enjoy the Holiday, great service and a great time!:D

This is just our second cruise and we are really looking forward to it. We sailed last Sept. on the Legend and of course, we were hooked. We weren't sure if we could ever take another one, but with the past guest and early savers, it turned out to be very affordable.

Archived