Anyone back from Carnival Spirit?

mared1

Just back from Christmas Spirit cruise. In Acapulco we took the city tour and shopping. The views are beautiful. If you like shopping we were taken to some interesting places - not flea markets or malls. Also saw cliff divers - there is a 10-year old girl who dives now. Guide was excellent. In Z/I we took the ship's Ixtapa Island tour. It was a beautiful day and a nice beach. We did this in the morning. In the afternoon we went to watch our granddaughter swim with the dolphins. That was such fun. She is 14 and her Dad swam too. They both loved it. In Manzinillo my husband and son-in-law took the tour to Colima and enjoyed it.

We are sailing on the Spirit 3/17/05 with our 9 year old daughter. We were considering the dolphin swim in I/Z? Is it worth the money? We were also considering the Turtle experience in Manzanillo? Does anyone have any experience with this one? Not sure what to do in Acapuloc..............please list must do's...............

Our granddaughter and son-in-law loved the dolphins, and it was fun watching them. They were in the water for about 40 minutes I think. Jen is 14. I'm not sure what the bottom age limit is to do the swim. The ship charged $20pp to accompany those who wanted to watch, not swim. This activity can be booked thru http://www.delfiniti.com on your own I believe. A taxi to the facility in Ixtapa is about $7-10. Doing this would allow time on the beach there as well. We thought seriously about the turtle excursion, but decided against it as I think I remember reading that the hatching of turtles takes place in the fall. We girls stayed on the ship in Mazanillo. The guys did the Colonial Tour and enjoyed it although it was a long ride. They said the stops were interesting and snack/lunch was good. Hope this helps. Have you seen the cliff divers in Acapulco? We were there the week before Christmas and there was a 10-year old girl diving. I wondered if she was a regular or there because it was during vacation. Have a great time.

Thanks for the information:) . I tried visiting www.delfiniti.com and it was a very informational site, which asked if you wanted to proceed in English or Spanish. The problem I had was when I clicked on Reservations, they only appeared in Spanish, which I didn't quite understand.....too bad:( , I'm sure it's much less if you book directly with the company vs the ship excursion. I think I will ask the ACA for some help with this one. We have never been to Acapulco, and wouldn't miss the cliff divers-----did you go in the afternoon or at night and if so, did you go ship excursion or on your own?

Hi,

I also tried to book directly throught the Delfiniti site, but encoutered the translation problems. I ran it through the google translation service, but it still didn't really make sense to me - too bad I can't read Spanish! :p

But I did notice that the Delfiniti site wasn't secure, so I don't think I'd be comfortable giving my credit card info anyway. This is one shore excursion that I will definately be booking with Carnival!

Cool Cruiser...........

When are you sailing on the Spirit? I have yet to find anyone sailing on 3/17/05...only 66 more days left.......can't wait. I've tried to reserve shore excursions for this dolphin swim through Carnival, but they are not available yet online.:cool:

CACREW

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing on the Spirit 3/17/05 with our 9 year old daughter. We were considering the dolphin swim in I/Z? Is it worth the money? We were also considering the Turtle experience in Manzanillo? Does anyone have any experience with this one? Not sure what to do in Acapuloc..............please list must do's...............

Although we are leaving on the Spirit after you (3/25/05) I also am debating about the shore tours....was leaning towards the Turtle experience but wondered what past guests have said.

Archived