Ordering an "Egg Crate"

DocM4

Wow, that doesn't say much for this Princess' steward....

./quote]

He also didn't attend to our room until 10 or 11 am each morning - we were up bright and early 6-7 am, and went to the gym and to breakfast, leaving the sign on the door indicating service was needed. We'd come back to change for lunch, and he would be in the middle of cleaning the room.

There were several reasons why we did not give him an extra tip - it was borderline leaving the standard tip stay in place, but that's what we did.

Where is the request showing up in your personalizers? I'm not sure where to look to see if ours has posted.

Normally, our request will show up a week to 30 days prior to our cruise when you open your travel summary and boarding pass and click on special requests. It has never showed up earlier than that.

Princess told me some time ago that they do not send these special requests to the ship until around the 30 day mark before you sail. It seems they do not show up on our booking until the request is sent over to the ship. ;)

Just a FYI - yesterday I faxed a request to the number listed on this thread (I saw two numbers - one was a fax and the other was someones voice mail) and just now I peeked at special services in my personalizer and the request is already posted .... doesn't mean it will be on my bed, but the fax number works and they took care of it on their end. So YAY for that! :D

Faxed Princess for egg create mattress pad. Received a phone call from Princess saying that they had the request and would have in our cabin upon 9-19-09 GP arrival and would show on our personalizer 30 days prior to sail date. I thought that was great service - now...will it be there?? SeaFish

We sailed on the Coral and ask in advance for the egg crate mattress and it was on our bed when we arrived.

I will fax my request for our cruise on the Ruby on January 19, 2010.

Our bed on the Coral was really confortable to sleep on.

slowpoke58

I faxed in a request for the eggcrate, and it showed up on the Cruise Personalizer. But it wasn't on the bed when we arrived on the ship, and when I asked the steward (Stewart) he hemmed and hawed around about the bed already being made up, so I asked him to please have it on the bed the next morning when he made it up. The next day it was on there.

Exactly where on the Personalizer does this the Egg Crate Request show-up? Thanks, Ken

Exactly where on the Personalizer does this the Egg Crate Request show-up?

Hi Ken,

As you get closer to your cruise, it will appear when you print or view your travel summary from the Cruise Personalizer page. See below...

Lew

20090814-j18nimdc84yaqym849pfe2rmyg.jpg

"Hi Ken,

As you get closer to your cruise, it will appear when you print or view your travel summary from the Cruise Personalizer page. See below...

Lew"

Lew - Thanks for the response and the Graphic!!!!! I was looking at Special Requests in the Personalizer.

For others - to view the Egg Crate confirmation go mto the Personalizer then select "View Travel summary and Print Boarding Pass" in the right border. From there, select "Special Services" .

Thanks Lew

ken

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Toto. I tired the number I have always used, ending in 4745, but that just resulted in a communications error. Then I tried the number NorthPheonixGuy had, ending in 4147, but that was a voice line not a fax. Then I tried the number you provided and Viola it went through. I should have known you would have the right number.

• 3 weeks later...

Had requested egg crate for bed via phone call to princess. NO egg crate on bed when we arrived in our cabin.

Decided to not to ask room steward for egg crate as the beds were not that bad.

My advice would be to ask room steward for egg crate if you decide bed needs one.

Archived