Embarkation Tampa forVeendam.....What time ????

sail7seas

When did they open terminal doors?

What time did they start boarding?

RECENT cruisers, please help. Seeing as we had the thread last week about embarkation possibly going back to 1:30, I hope Veendam is doing 11:15 as FLL does.

Thanks.

There are several from here on our sailing. I know Roadwork is coming and a few others. No one has made any suggestion as to a 'meeting'. I didn't because it seems most people want to do it after lifeboat drill and we would never make it then. We have such a routine on embarkation day that I would feel bad saying I would be at the get together when I know we would be busy elsewhere.

I wish I knew how we could 'find' eachother.

(I'm happy some of the 'stuff' I write has been helpful. It is my favorite pasttime. :) )

In any case.....hope we ALL have a great cruise. I am very sure we will.

We are two ladies who have know each other since childhood. After my friend's husband died, she visited me and we went on our first cruise last Feb (Celebrity Century) and we sailed on the Caribbean Princess in July. We wanted to try HAL and I know we won't be disappointed,

Some of us tried to get a roll call started but only about six people responded. Our roll call for the Grand Princess (Italy/Greek Isles) is already on p. 31 and we don't sail until June.

You can find us easily. We are 60+ years old, blond, and my friend wears her hair pulled straight back in a bun! You can't miss her.

On December 11th the first call for boarding took place just before noon. The waiting area was not large and many people were standing around after they got their boarding passes as there weren't enough chairs for all to sit. We got there at 11:45 so don't know when they started to give out boarding passes. My guess is about 11am.

There was not, repeat not, a separate line for deluxe suite and ph passengers to check in. At least I couldn't find it. At 11:45 there was a very short line to get to the counters to check in.

The process might have speeded up as the computers were down and they couldn't log in the credit cards. Had to do that at the front desk later.

Sail say hello to Mila at the Neptune lounge for us. She is a doll. We were in 045 under the name Hoffman. She wouldn't know lipoppop

Lipoppop ----sorry we never got to meet on the Veendam Dec. 11-18. Sounds like your cabin was really close to both my brothers..one deck above us. We were at the cruise ship very early on the 11th and I am sure we were on board by 1130 latest...being in second group called to board. Before us was a few wheel chair passengers. There was plenty of seating still in the boarding area prior to us passing thru the famous "photo shoot" area.

Hope you had a great a time as we did...definitely got some family members hooked on cruising now!

Sail and Dramamama - and all others sailing on the Veendam - Have a great time. Let us know how things go in Tampa.

We've just booked the Veendam 14-day for November 26. Already excited about it.

Have fun!

On the November 13th cruise, the first group number did not get called to board until 12:00. We got there at 11:45 and only had to wait 10 minutes to get to the registration counter, then we got to sit until our group was called. We were group #11 and got to our room at 1:15. They did not release the rooms until 1:30 so we headed up for lunch.

I think boarding time depends on how quick they can get the other group off. We had some delays as they stopped everyone getting off until some bozos who were paged continuously finally got to immigration.

The terminal was quite jammed up at 12:30 with the line extending outside.

I was on the Dec. 11 Veendam out of Tampa. I arrived at 11:15 and walked right thru regristration where I was given a boarding #. I then had to wait until about 12:15 before our # was called. Our cabin was ready before 1:00.

Happy sailing!

We're at Marriott Waterside, as well. We arrive early Saturday morning but booked our room for the day before in order that we can go immediately to our room upon arrival at the hotel. If not.....they did not promise we would have it before 4:00 They said they expected we could get in earlier but seeing as it is New Year's Day folks could check out as late as possible and we did not wish to wait for several hours in the lobby. Was worth paying an extra night, for us.

Have a safe trip getting there. I really hope we meet up with eachother.

Only a fews more days to wait! My partner Stuart and I are also at the Mariott Waterside, arriving Saturday evening from Vancouver. Never been to Tampa so on Sunday we' may rent a car and go exploring. On board, we'll be in the Ocean Bar by 7, before late seating dinner. We're in our late-50's and there will usually be red wine on our table. I may be occasionally wearing a neck-brace, thanks to a bit of disk trouble [Today my physio said I can try snorkeling if the water's calm and strongly recommends foot massages, but I must not carry luggage and no exercise for at least the next two weeks - isn't recovery grand!]. Look forward to meeting you all!

Tim:

I can think of no better place for you to be relaxed and pampered than on a ship. All that red wine will ease those aches and pains and Stuart will be there to carry your heavy luggage. Poor guy! Will look for you in the Ocean Bar. Don't think you'll be too difficult to spot with a neck brace.

Have a safe trip and here's hoping you'll be greeted by lots of Florida sunshine.

We arrive Sunday night and are going out to dinner with friends. There's a lovely restaurant in the Holiday Inn downtown (Ashley) called La Dolce Vita that you might enjoy trying.

Marty

DH made reservations for us Sunday night. One of those nice places everyone shared info about here on this board, I think.

I don't know if he booked for Saturday or not. We may just stay around the hotel....

Archived