Online Booking Question - Transfers?

Brickwood

I'm about to book a Mediterranean cruise through the Princess site. In addition to the cruise fare and govt fees and taxes, it shows $156.00 ($78 pp) for "Transfers". I haven't gone further in the booking process so maybe this is explained further, but I don't get it now. Do you know what this charge is for? Transfers from airport to ship and back are typically optional and this doesn't seem to be. Anyone know?

Thanks

I'm about to book a Mediterranean cruise through the Princess site. In addition to the cruise fare and govt fees and taxes, it shows $156.00 ($78 pp) for "Transfers". I haven't gone further in the booking process so maybe this is explained further, but I don't get it now. Do you know what this charge is for? Transfers from airport to ship and back are typically optional and this doesn't seem to be. Anyone know?

Thanks

Which itinerary?

Thanks

Why don't you just pick up the phone and book it that way? Yes, transfers are optional, but they like to throw it in there anyway. Just like insurance. You can always cancel it.

I have an answer to my own question. I didn't think they'd answer the phone tonight, it being Sunday, but they did. The "transfer" charge is for the airport to cruise ship and back. They automatically add it up front but you can take it off after. Not sure if you do this as part of the booking or have to call. Since I called, I ended up booking over the phone and they did take the transfer charge off the booking.

They just changed this so it was added to the itinerary within the last 24 hours. You have the option of not accepting the transfers or keeping them. But for a change, Princess is actually showing the price of the transfers with the booking (something that was not accessible before).

They just changed this so it was added to the itinerary within the last 24 hours. You have the option of not accepting the transfers or keeping them. But for a change, Princess is actually showing the price of the transfers with the booking (something that was not accessible before).

Always something new happening. But what they didn't do in the last 24 hours is lower the price of my December cruise. :(

Archived