Now I've gone and done it...booked!

uppitycats

...a cruise. Well, not just any cruise. But a 10 day cruise on a ferry! Yes, a ferry -- well, it's a bit more sophisticated than that, but a ferry none-the-less. Hurtigruten Cruise Line, cruising from Dover, England, up the west coast of Norway, to Oslo.

They had a GREAT deal...$1670 per person for a handicap-accessible cabin, 3 meals included. But NOT entertainment (well, they may have a musician in the evenings, and promise lectures on board about the ports we'll be visiting - -14 cities!). And no 24-hour food service -- buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, sit-down served dinner (but no choice of entrees..they'll post the menu early in the day, but pretty much you eat what's put in front of you and LIKE it!! Yes, Mom!! :D )

I called them today, got a pleasant Norwegian fellow (well, of course! :) ) who told me all about the handicap-access cabin (with automated door into the bathroom, drop-down shower seat in roll-in shower...only "down" side is that it comes only with single beds..even after 43 years of marriage we can handle that :p )

so we booked it. Well, my travel agent is in the process of booking it.

Still have to figure out the air portion, and ground transfers...but it IS just August, and we're talking next April, here. But the price is only good through September 30, so we had to make some decisions.

But it sounds like fun!! :)

Archived