San Diego pier parking

Sanford

We need info on handicap parking in San Diego. The pier parking was $7 a day when we cruised in 2004. We will be going again in Oct. 2005 for 14 days. Any suggestions on other parking places or options.

addicted cruiser

There is accessible parking in the Ace lot near the ship, but I believe the cost is now up to $13 daily. You might also check with the Holiday Inn at the Embarcadero. If you are staying there before or after the cruise, you can pay for parking there too.

Several years ago Ace was providing free accessible parking under a court order as a fine for not having accessible parking in all their lots, but that expired several years ago, and unlike some ports, San Diego does not have free or discounted accessible parking available.

Do you know anyone in San Diego? When we cruise out of there, we park our van at a friend's house (after letting my mother and dad off at the port) and the friend drives me back to the pier. When we get back, we call her and she picks me up, then I pick them up. It works well and saves us a lot of money on parking, plus we feel like our adapted van is more secure this way.

san diego park and cruise packages

http://www.baysideinn.com/packages.htm

http://www.bestwesterncalifornia.com/packages.htm#4

If you can find daily parking for $7/day, take it -- it's a steal!!! You might want to check out one of these park n cruise packages (really the best deal if you can spare an extra day). Parking is just expensive in CA.

Candy

Does anyone know what the current price is for the pier cruise parking lot?

It might have gone up from our last visit with $7 a day. We will be staying over night before the cruise which makes the park and stay info helpful. Thank you so much for the suggestions.

I'm looking forward to Oct 9 2005 Infinity to Hawaii.

Sanford

I realize now that our 2004 cruise was from Long Beach.

They have a pier parking building for $7 a day. We have

sailed from both San Diego and Long Beach. All the info

about stay and park (in San Diego) will help us. Thank you :o

Archived