"Special Request" recommendations

loulani

You can request your bed be made up "American" style if you don't like the duvets. My husband hates them! Last cruise the beds were made just as I had asked and our liquor requests were in the suite.

I have had mixed results with putting in these special requests online, as I usually do it only for the in room liquor set-up, sometimes it is in the cabin, sometimes not. If not, I take that form in the cabin and stick it under the "harp" thing on the door. Gets quicker results than leaving it on the desk from my experience.

Other ideas, need extra pillows? Blankets instead of duvets? More hangers?

Room and liquor set up is what most do here. Then as JHP says if it is not there it takes no time to get that done once you board.

In fact I never bother just do it when I get there. The special requests are really for those that have a real need of some kind that the ship needs to know such as allergies to foods things of that nature.

My husband and I also prefer a top sheet and blanket (American style) to the duvets for a couple of reasons, primarily because the duvets contain down comforters which make for very warm sleeping sometimes. Also, if I remember correctly, there are two twin-sized duvets on the beds, rather than one king-sized one, which makes for awkward cuddling, and no top sheet is provided, if I remember correctly.

On previous cruises, the stewardess has the bed changed by the time we get back from dinner. What wonderful service!

Ngaire is correct, I was told I was supposed to have filled out a special request for dinner. (The head waiter was brand new) I have never had to do that before! They have the foods available. I did not feel a need for that. The first night, just tell your waiter the room number and then they will document it the information for you. Each night, the food will be available and if you want it, it will come out. It works out excellent.

We were just on the Navigator and the first time ever, we used the duvets as the pillow-top for the bed and then they double sheeted the blanket for us. We love to have the door open to have the fresh air coming in at night and listen to the waves.

Here's another vote for top sheet and blanket vs duvet. We found the duvet too warm on our first RSSC cruise and that was to Alaska! After suffering through the first night we made contact with our steward and had the bed made up American style (also got them to put the separate twins together into a queen or king or whatever).

When we went on the PG I used our special requests section online for liquor choice, my special soy drink request in place of milk at breakfast and the beds together with top sheet and blanket.

hvsteve1, I asked my husband and he can't remember. The only thing we were sure of was that the mirror in the shower wall is an interesting choice. Even the comedian on our Mariner cruise last month made fun of it. Unless you are perfectly shaped it's kind of a horror.

Please report back and tell us if the showers are hand-held if you travel on the Mariner soon. These kinds of things are important to me and I'm surprised I'm not sure if I am remembering that detail correctly.

MarnaLou

Another vote for topsheet and blanket, DH tried the duvet one night, but even he got too hot under it (and he is COLD-natured).

I didn't have any luck with the online form, either, but it took no time to get things set straight once we got onboard.

Archived