Anchorage airport / what was your experience?

Look2Sea

Have you flown out of Anchorage Airport?

What was your experience?

Long lines to check in?

Long lines and wait in security lines?

I heard a story from someone who stood in line for a long time to check in,

and when they got to the counter, they were told that it was too early to check in, and told to come back later.

So they had come back later, and stand in the lines again.

I got to the Anchorage airport around 10:30 pm on a Wednesday in June and the security line was only 10 - 15 minutes long. Very easy no real waits. However I am guessing different days and time could be busier. Not sure this will help you much.

I've flown out of ANC a jillion times. No way to count. Decades and decades. The lines can be long on cruise departure days but at other times it is an easy airport.

You didn't say when you are traveling, but as the cruise season 2009 winds down, it gets easier. No way would I fly out of there June-July unless I had to travel for a family emergency.

We arrived about 2 hours prior to our departure out of the North Terminal. AP security there was more of a hassle then any I have ever gone through. Not sure why and we were the only people in line. They must have been bored or something.

If you are flying out of the North Terminal eat before you get there. They had nothing but a hot dog stand and a bookstore. If you are really hungry you can get a pack of ketchup and eat the foam falling out of the seats at the gates. This section is a dump and should be condemned.

The south terminal was very nice on the other hand. Had to drop the rental car off over there and went in by mistake thinking you could walk from one terminal to the other. You can if you take the 1 mile hike outside around all the construction. This was in June so it could be better by now.....:rolleyes:

We flew out of Anchorage several weeks ago- on a Saturday morning flight (8am) and it was horrible. We got to the airport at 6am and literally walked onto the plane as it was boarding by the time we checked our bags and went through security. It was cutting it very close-

Leave plenty of time during cruise season is my advice. :)

We found the Anchorage airport to be small, simple, and very convenient. There was no line anywhere for baggage check, security, etc. My biggest problem was the smell of the Cinnabuns--they smelled great, but I was too cheap to buy one!

Archived