Does Princess offer a repeat cruisers cocktail party before dinner?

swdke

It’s hard to tell what day they will have the Captain Circle meet & greet on for the New York departure (Northeastern) 7 day cruises on. I’m taking the one on the 17th of Oct, and I’d expect the Captains Circle to meet on the 23rd before dinner (probably a good guess on formal night as it is a sea day). Normally you would expect two formal nights for a 7 day, but I’m unsure where they will squeeze them in, as we are at port every day but the last on this cruise. And, we don’t leave port till later in the afternoon or evening on most.

To answer the question directly though – yes, they will have an evening cocktail party with the Captain, for first-time cruisers with Princess who booked a Suite, and for all the repeat Princess cruisers. You can get your picture with the Captain too. There will be two seating’s, for early and late dinners (we do anytime dining and are normally in the second group).

At the "cocktail party" before dinner the Capt may or may not be there. We have been on cruises where there was no "receiving line" and the ship staff was few and roamed around. Sometimes the Staff Capt may show up. But, it seems lately that the get-together has been more an open event. There have not been invitation the last couple of cruises. It depends a great deal on the Capt and CD I assume as to how it is handled. Our cruises have been of the 20+ day variety so they may be different than shorter cruises.

Just exied the Ruby Princess 16 days ago...and yes!!...they actually had two, b/c there were so many repeaters on this cruise. They were held consecutively on the 2nd formal night in Club Fusion. Actually, it was well done, much better than how RCCL does it!!!

Archived