Princess EZCheck

scalan

Has anyone experience with the Princess EZCheck system in disembarking the ship? This is the program that ships your luggage from the ship to your final destination for a fee and issues you your airline boarding pass the night brfore you leave the ship. Any ideas of how the fees are determined? Inquiries I have made regarding this program have not been to encouraging.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I believe Princess discontinued this last year.:mad:

I believe it was a nightmare with all the different charges for 1st & 2nd bags, not to mention the overweight bags.

We used it in Apr 08 and it was great.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I believe Princess discontinued this last year.:mad:

I believe it was a nightmare with all the different charges for 1st & 2nd bags, not to mention the overweight bags.

We used it in Apr 08 and it was great.

And I believe this is incorrect information. I know they are still doing it from several disembarkation ports.

I believe it was being used out of Vancouver this summer under the name direct US. A third party operates it and the ship needs all of your detail information so they can fax it by noon on the 3rd day of your trip.

does anyone know if in Seattle, it can be done flying Alaska airline?. We have a flight at 3:00PM. we will be sailing on the Star Princess.

As long as you don't switch airlines - I think you are ok - here are my notes from the Star Princess in July of this year:

I did receive the info about EZ Checkin and here are the airlines participating – Air Train, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Northwest, United and US Airways. The cost is $20 plus the cost for each bag which is listed on the form. Ironically (and as reported earlier by others) - even though United does charge per bag – United does not have a bag charge on this form (all the others do for the second bag and most have for the first bag). I have to sign up by Thursday.

Archived