Johan and Sandra PV Dolphin Swim Inquiry

Brewster

Has anybody booked recently with J&S for this tour? With the free child pricing, they are so much cheaper than the other tour operators in the area (Vallararta Adventures ect). I understand that you need to take your own transporation (cab) to the Dolphin Center.

I love a good deal like the rest of us but I am always wary when the pricing is so much different than the competition. Thanks.

Bruce

Has anybody booked recently with J&S for this tour? With the free child pricing, they are so much cheaper than the other tour operators in the area (Vallararta Adventures ect). I understand that you need to take your own transporation (cab) to the Dolphin Center.

I love a good deal like the rest of us but I am always wary when the pricing is so much different than the competition. Thanks.

Bruce

Johann & Sandra do not operate any tours. They are third-party tour brokers. They sell excursion/tour tickets on behalf of the actual operators.

In the case of the excursion(s) you are looking at, events that occur at the "Dolphin Center" are excursions run by Vallarta Adventures.

Times are tough in the Mexican tourist industry and we are seeing unheard of deals right now.

Enjoy!

Hi Bruce...

I'm glad you posted this...that price/deal has been eating at me since I posted the "what excursions are you doing" on our Meet and Mingle board.

J&S have such a good rep here on the boards, that it's hard to resist.

Right now we just have the twins booked in Cabo for the "Encounter" at $94 through the ship...it sure would be nice for ALL of us to be able to do the full swim in PV at the lower rates.

Let me know if you learn anything more about it...and I will do the same.

DH is concerned about getting our own transportation TO the dolphin center in PV (that is the nice thing about the one in Cabo!!)

:):D

Jennifer

Mariner of the Seas - 8/23/09

Hi Bruce...

I'm glad you posted this...that price/deal has been eating at me since I posted the "what excursions are you doing" on our Meet and Mingle board.

J&S have such a good rep here on the boards, that it's hard to resist.

Right now we just have the twins booked in Cabo for the "Encounter" at $94 through the ship...it sure would be nice for ALL of us to be able to do the full swim in PV at the lower rates.

Let me know if you learn anything more about it...and I will do the same.

DH is concerned about getting our own transportation TO the dolphin center in PV (that is the nice thing about the one in Cabo!!)

Jennifer

Mariner of the Seas - 8/23/09

Hi Jennifer,

Actually, we're on the same cruise! I believe I just saw one of your posts on the M&M board a few minutes ago. My DD daughter is 10 (actually, I'm sure she would be willing to penpal with your twins if they are interested). Have your twins experienced Adventure Ocean? My DD has always had a great time and is looking forward in going back.

After thinking this one through and doing a lot of research on CC (as well has received advice from a co-worker who has traveled to PV), we decided to book the Dolphin Swim with J&S (due to their good reputatin etc).

PV seems to be a very safe place to get a cab with little to no issues. The taxi rates are set by the municipality. You just need to set the price with the cab before you enter it. The dolphin center from what I understand is 15 mins/30 to 40 min ride and would cost approx $40 round trip for the 3 of us (Myself, DW and DD). From my understanding, the city cabs that are available right outide the pier (outside of the pier is approx few hundred feet) are the best cabs to get (little cheaper than the port cabs)

To research the issue, use the search word "cab" or "dolphin" in the "Mexican Rivera" Forum (if you don't limit the search to this one forum, your search for relevant info will be hard to sort through).

When I factor in the savings including the cab ride, it is approx a $170.00 in savings vs booking the Dolphin Swim from the ship (your savings are even greater with your twins since both of them would be free). I asked for a 1:00 tour/12:00 ship time (still awaiting confirmation). I figured with the late departure at PV, we should be fine getting back to the ship without any time issues.

Best of luck in your decision making. I'll let you know how the ticket confirmation process goes (I'm supposed to get the tix electronically by tomorrow).

Bruce

The dolphin swim when you book though the cruise ship with VA also includes the transport RT to the dolphin center and back to the ship and lunch, if you buy it outside of the cruise ship either direct or from a third party, it does NOT include lunch or transportation.

The dolphin swim when you book though the cruise ship with VA also includes the transport RT to the dolphin center and back to the ship and lunch, if you buy it outside of the cruise ship either direct or from a third party, it does NOT include lunch or transportation.

BZY,

Thanks for the additional information.

Jennifer, just wanted to let you know that we got our electronic tickets for our Dolphin Swim (was sent within 5 hours) via email. Had to book us at 2:30 (ship time 1:30 pm). The 1:00 PM was sold out.

Bruce

Bruce -

Yes, I recently noticed we are on the same cruise...I think you even responded to one of my posts.:)

I didn't realize you had a 10yr old DD...I'm sure my 2 would love to "meet" her before the cruise. They will be in the same group together, so that's even better!!

Thanks for the update on the dolphins...Now I am really confused!!

We wanted to do dolphins in Cabo since that is the only port we have visited already (last year on Carnival).

But, the PV option is looking too good to pass up...especially since we get the full swim for such a good price (I'm afraid they will be disappointed with the short encounter).

I'll let you know what we decide. I'm jealous that you have your confirmations already!!

Jennifer

• 5 months later...
My question is how does one contact and see the prices offered by Johann and Sandra?

They are advertisers on this board. You will normally see their green Puerto Vallarta banner at the top of this forum or their blue Mazatlan banner or their orange/yellow Cabo banner.

The link to their PV site is- http://www.puertovallartatours.net/

Enjoy!

They are advertisers on this board. You will normally see their green Puerto Vallarta banner at the top of this forum or their blue Mazatlan banner or their orange/yellow Cabo banner.

The link to their PV site is- http://www.puertovallartatours.net/

Enjoy!

Thanks for your reply. As soon as I posted the question, I saw the banner.

I have another question now. To those of you that have swam with the dolphins in PV and booked through J&S, Is there an observation area for non swimmers? I know Royal offers observers prices, but I didn't see that on J&S's site.

I was confused by the restrictions on some of the options. A person 4' can swim with them (no platform), but can't do other things with the platform. Weird.

My grandaughter is 4" exactly. She is 5 years old. I am looking for her to be on a platform and get a belly ride. Thats it. I think 45 minutes is to long for her to tread water doing the swim.

I will keep looking, maybe I read it wrong.

I have another question now. To those of you that have swam with the dolphins in PV and booked through J&S, Is there an observation area for non swimmers? I know Royal offers observers prices, but I didn't see that on J&S's site.

I am interested in this info also. Thanks.

From their webpage....

Kids: Must be at least 5 years old and at least 4'6" (135 cm) tall to do this activity. Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult. First child is free with a paying adult. Kids prices apply to ages 5-10 years.

At the bottom near the pricing info.

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/dolphin-swim-experience.htm

Archived