Family Balcony FB question Cabin 7330

RMLERL

We're booked in January in Cabin 7330. Family Balcony all the way back. My concern is, as all the construction pictures show up, what is the extra balcony space directly below the Aqua Suite balcony on 8? Do you think this is access to the rock wall or other public space? My concern is that you could walk to the railing on the ocean side and be directly next to the end of our balcony and just swing your head over. Having neighbors is one thing but public access is another. I picked this cabin because the balcony is extra long but I don't want to share it with everybody else too. Any info. Thanks.

The part that wraps around does not appear to be very large. It will be interesting to see how that really works with the balcony near a public area. Decks 11 & 12 could also have the same issue. 18065-18_Oasis_Of_The_Seas.jpg

I have also tried to get more info on that balcony with no luck:(

We have booked it for march 2010.

If anyone has closer recent pictures, maybe we could zoom in ...

I called RCI and they told me they do not know yet. My rep told me she will be in a november sailing with other employe and she would try to take pictures for me.

i will post them upon reception.

Have a nice day everyone.

• 10 months later...
I have also tried to get more info on that balcony with no luck:(

We have booked it for march 2010.

If anyone has closer recent pictures, maybe we could zoom in ...

I called RCI and they told me they do not know yet. My rep told me she will be in a november sailing with other employe and she would try to take pictures for me.

i will post them upon reception.

Have a nice day everyone.

I was wondering how your sailing went in the deck 7 aft family balcony cabin. I've put in an e-mail to our TA asking her to switch us to 7330 (which is the only available family balcony right now), but now I'm second guessing myself. Was it very loud at night when the shows were going on? I'm worried that noise might be an issue with our DD, who will be 15 months old at the time of our Allure sailing in December.

I was wondering how your sailing went in the deck 7 aft family balcony cabin. I've put in an e-mail to our TA asking her to switch us to 7330 (which is the only available family balcony right now), but now I'm second guessing myself. Was it very loud at night when the shows were going on? I'm worried that noise might be an issue with our DD, who will be 15 months old at the time of our Allure sailing in December.

It was a great room. There were 6 of us. A little tight but nice. The balcony is extra long with double furniture. As for the noise, not bad. There is a very nice public balcony outside, so you would go out your cabin door and then through a heavy glass door to get outside that has the best seats for the aqua show. It is actually the area for the rock climbing wall.That side of the wall was closed the whole week. It is directly below the A1 suite. Most people dont know it is a public area. The stairs then lead directly down to the boardwalk, then down again to the running track. The Aqua Show can be heard slightly with the doors closed. Not enough of a noise not to recomend the room. There is plenty of space for the pack n play or what ever you're bringing for DD. You walk in and the bathroom is on the left then the bunk room. The sofa is in the middle with the bed on the far right. It is not as big as the FO's on the Freedom class. My kids are 12,8,7 & 5. For our Allure, I booked a D1 and I/S, for all of us primarily for the 2nd bathroom.

Thanks for the post. We are staying in 7330 on the December 4th sailing. The RCI webste shows the balcony door on the end of the room, but this room is configured differently due to it's location aft.

How is the back of the balcony seperated from the public area? The pictures of the Oasis Aft are not very clear.

Are the bunks big enough for two teens 17 and 19? They are both 6 feet tall but thin.

Is there alot more floor space than a standard room? It appears so in the RCI pictures.

Thanks Again,

John

It was a great room. There were 6 of us. A little tight but nice. The balcony is extra long with double furniture. As for the noise, not bad. There is a very nice public balcony outside, so you would go out your cabin door and then through a heavy glass door to get outside that has the best seats for the aqua show. It is actually the area for the rock climbing wall.That side of the wall was closed the whole week. It is directly below the A1 suite. Most people dont know it is a public area. The stairs then lead directly down to the boardwalk, then down again to the running track. The Aqua Show can be heard slightly with the doors closed. Not enough of a noise not to recomend the room. There is plenty of space for the pack n play or what ever you're bringing for DD. You walk in and the bathroom is on the left then the bunk room. The sofa is in the middle with the bed on the far right. It is not as big as the FO's on the Freedom class. My kids are 12,8,7 & 5. For our Allure, I booked a D1 and I/S, for all of us primarily for the 2nd bathroom.

Thanks so much for the info. Sounds like the family balcony will be more than sufficient for me, DH and DD. We couldn't afford to go up to a junior suite, but I was concerned about space being in issue with DD's car seat, stroller and the pack and play the ship will give us all crammed into a D1 balcony. This seems like a good solution that's not completely bankrupting us!:D

Hopefully not too many people will catch on about the adjacent balcony/deck area being public so we can hang out there to watch the Aqua Theater show. Did you find your balcony to be any less private than a typical balcony? We probably wouldn't appreciate just anyone being able to stare at us as they walk by.:eek:

Thanks so much for the info. Sounds like the family balcony will be more than sufficient for me, DH and DD. We couldn't afford to go up to a junior suite, but I was concerned about space being in issue with DD's car seat, stroller and the pack and play the ship will give us all crammed into a D1 balcony. This seems like a good solution that's not completely bankrupting us!:D

Hopefully not too many people will catch on about the adjacent balcony/deck area being public so we can hang out there to watch the Aqua Theater show. Did you find your balcony to be any less private than a typical balcony? We probably wouldn't appreciate just anyone being able to stare at us as they walk by.:eek:

No one can see into your balcony. From that public area you would walk around a corner and there are public chairs next to your balcony but I can only remember people sitting there once. They can't see you because of the divider but you can hear them. They would have to hang their heads around to see you or your stuff. On the 1st night just walk out to the public area for the Aqua Theatre, you'll have it to yourself. There are lots of chairs and plenty of room for the stroller. Also keep checking the prices, you might want to upgrade to the JS if the prices come down to get the double cruise credit. You'll be able store all the gear in the bunk room on the beds and in the closet there. Otherwise the rooms are about the same size, I think.

Thanks for the post. We are staying in 7330 on the December 4th sailing. The RCI webste shows the balcony door on the end of the room, but this room is configured differently due to it's location aft.

How is the back of the balcony seperated from the public area? The pictures of the Oasis Aft are not very clear.

Are the bunks big enough for two teens 17 and 19? They are both 6 feet tall but thin.

Is there alot more floor space than a standard room? It appears so in the RCI pictures.

Thanks Again,

John

There is quite a bit of floor space, a full size pull out sleeper sofa, a very long dresser area, smallish closet in the bunk area. I do think they are normal twin size beds in there. The area is small but has a curtain and is very dark, most likely good for sleeping in teenagers. The balcony door is at the far right, next to the bed. Think of the room as rectangle, with the bed at the far right going lengthwise. The sofa under a large circular window and the bunk room on the far left, sharing space with the bathroom. The balcony goes from the bed all the way to the left, past the circular window. Also has 2 tables, 4 chairs, no chaise though. Between the sofa area, the bed and the large balcony, I think you'll be fine. If I could change a couple things , it would be the position of the TV for viewing from the bed and just a tad more closet space. Although it did all fit but I was skeptical at first. Plus, 1 floor down to the boardwalk, good for grabbing donuts and coffee 1st thing. Johnny Rockets is there too and no charge for breakfast.

There is quite a bit of floor space, a full size pull out sleeper sofa, a very long dresser area, smallish closet in the bunk area. I do think they are normal twin size beds in there. The area is small but has a curtain and is very dark, most likely good for sleeping in teenagers. The balcony door is at the far right, next to the bed. Think of the room as rectangle, with the bed at the far right going lengthwise. The sofa under a large circular window and the bunk room on the far left, sharing space with the bathroom. The balcony goes from the bed all the way to the left, past the circular window. Also has 2 tables, 4 chairs, no chaise though. Between the sofa area, the bed and the large balcony, I think you'll be fine. If I could change a couple things , it would be the position of the TV for viewing from the bed and just a tad more closet space. Although it did all fit but I was skeptical at first. Plus, 1 floor down to the boardwalk, good for grabbing donuts and coffee 1st thing. Johnny Rockets is there too and no charge for breakfast.

Thanks for the description.... I am looking forward to the cruise. This room appears more spacious then a standard cabin.... We will not be there often anyway.....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the description.... I am looking forward to the cruise. This room appears more spacious then a standard cabin.... We will not be there often anyway.....

Any chance you could post some pictures of this cabin and give any feedback about it's location now that you've completed this sailing? It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dont mean to be a pest, but which exactly is it? we have the 7330 reserved and want a little more info before committing....like what we have read so far. Thanks a ton. This will be our first cruise.

It is the large double balcony 2 levels above the life boat. It looks like someone is sitting out there. To the left of the divider, there are chairs and a public balcony. Commit!!! It is an awesome cabin! I stayed in it, so I know :D

• 1 month later...

Here are the pictures as promised!

Looking straight at the bed (with a guest appearance by my DS!):

P1100377.jpg

Looking to the left of the bed:

P1100378.jpg

Looking to the right of the bed:

P1100381.jpg

Looking behind to the bunk bed area (bathrooms are just to the left of this):

P1100380.jpg

Looking out at the balcony:

P1100384.jpg

Sorry about the mess! I always realize at the end of the cruise that I never managed to get pictures of the cabin itself... so I usually end up taking them as we are cleaning and leaving the room :cool:

Archived