Tell me your secrets about Carnival

askabry

I stole this one off the Celebrity post (who stole it from somewhere else!!!). But since I might wind up on a Carnival ship soon (Valor), I'm interested in little things Carnival will do to make your stay better.

Among the things on a Celebrity ship ... free meds (really!) ... shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad nightly ... available soft mattress pads ...

...One of my favorite tips has to do with, what else, eating! Most cruisers, once theyboard, drop their carry-on bags in the cabin and head straight for the the buffet. There's always a long line there.

...Here's my tip,,, skip the buffet for your first "free" meal and go back to the pizzeria! Most cruisers know about the 24 hour pizza, but go to the buffet. Head straight for the pizza... NO WAIT! ...Hope this helps...

If you don't really want somthing on the menu in the dining room, you can always order a steak or grilled chicken. Another thing we found out, at the captains party, if you don't like the drinks they are walking around with you can go to the bar and order whatever you want (we ordered captain morgan and coke , no charge)

Connie

We did the same at the Captains and Return Cruisers Pary. You can also get cokes from the bar if you donot like those sweet non-alcoholic drinks.

I knew about ordering any drink at the past cruisers party but the Captain's party? What bar would you go to to order a drink since the party is in the show lounge?

The best secret about Carnival is that the people who sail the other lines think that it is a low budget cheap cruise line so it keeps them off of it.

Hey, I did Princess as my first cruise this December and am about to book the Europe cruise on Carnival. They're making me an offer I can't refuse, and I'd like a bit more life in the eveings.

Archived