Best suggestions of things to do in cabo

Island Annie

Hi Annie,

What timeframe are you going to be in Cabo? If you are there Jan-March go whale watching. It is great in Cabo. I live in So Cal so have been whale watching here but in Cabo they are allowed to get closer to the whales. It was a wonderful experience.

If not during those times, it really depends on what you like to do. Once you get of the tender there is a boardwalk that takes you around to where there are many restaurants (Solomon's Landing a good one) and then the blocks behind the marina restaurants you can find many places to shop. So if you like to stroll, shop and eat that would be the way to go.

It is also fun to take the glass bottom boat tour over to Los Arcos to look at the fish and sea life. I've taken a snorkeling and kayaking tour to Chilleano Bay (did through the cruise line - but sure you can do independent) It was pretty awesome kayaking along the coastline of Cabo.

If you want just a beach day and some restaurants take either the land or water taxi over to Medano Beach. You can see Medano from your ship and from the marina. There are lots of resorts and restaurants lining the beach. You would be able to get either kind of taxi on the boardwalk.

Enjoy your time in Cabo

Hi Diane!!

We're on the same cruise...Mariner 8/23.

We did Cabo last year on Carnival Elation and found it enjoyable and easy to get around.

As you've probably read, this is one port where everything is right there where the tender drops you on the pier (Dolphin center, shopping, water taxis to Lands End, Medano, etc)

We took a water taxi over to Medano Beach. I'm quite sure there were vendors waiting to offer jetskis right there in front of the restaurants.

We also took the eco-snorkel tour through our ship. It was really cool!! My kids LOVED it, and I have to admit, I enjoyed it too!!

Hope this helps a bit++

:):D

Jennifer

I hope you all post how-things-went after you get back. It all seems above my head right now. But very exciting. Thank you

(d.h. and I on Elation 6-day Baja Jan 18

how do you get those beautiful cruising pictures

on the bottom corner of the posts?)

Going to Cabo for the first time Thanksgiving weekend. Actually depart San Diego Thanksgiving evening. Any suggestions for Cabo at that time of year. Is the ocean temp still warm enough to do the beach or would a boat tour, shopping, and finding a good place to eat be better that time of year? Thanks in advance for your responses.

The water temp in Cabo "should" be fantastically warm. There is a "but" though. The waters around Cabo are very deep. If a storm (rare) has passed through recently, then it is possible some of the colder deeper water could be brought to the surface. My guess is that you will be just fine for a beach day, snorkeling excursion, and it's possible the whales will have arrived which is perfect for a whale watching excursion.

Here are my pic's from mid February, 2008 (the height of whale activity in my opinion).

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562535753iirWdb

We're leaving on Carnival Spirit the day after you.

Archived