Flamenco show in Barcelona?

cruise luver

I suggest you search the threads as this topic has been covered in depth many times before.

Please note that Flamenco is NOT native to Barcelona hence many find the Flamenco shows to be tourist traps.

Off Los Ramblas (a block) is a great little club Los Tarantos at Plaça Reial 17, Barri Gòtic. It is the oldest continual flamenco club in Barcelona. The shows begin at 8 PM and are about 1/2 hour long for a €6 admission. We enjoyed the instrumentalists, the singer, and the one flamenco dancer the evening we were there immensely! http://www.masimas.com/tarantos/0_0/INI/default.htm

Off Los Ramblas (a block) is a great little club Los Tarantos at Plaça Reial 17, Barri Gòtic. It is the oldest continual flamenco club in Barcelona. The shows begin at 8 PM and are about 1/2 hour long for a €6 admission. We enjoyed the instrumentalists, the singer, and the one flamenco dancer the evening we were there immensely! http://www.masimas.com/tarantos/0_0/INI/default.htm

Thanks so much! Just the thing I was looking for - first hand info and endorsement! A lot of info in doing a search is people planning their trip. I have noticed on a number of threads how knowledgeable and helpful you are and I'm sure you have helped many people.

Thanks again :)

Victoria

• 3 weeks later...

we just returned and saw a show at tablaodecarmen.com-- we had dinner, but you can also just go for drinks, and i believe tapas Prob. a better idea)-- three dancers (not in formal, flashy costumes,) and musical accompianment (three people) and then three men dnacers. It was enjoyable

the best part is that it it just down the road from the magic fountains, which you can walk to after dinerr, and not have to bother with a cab, and getting there in time-- THAT was fantastic!--so, it really was a compromise, because we wnated to see a show(do the early show), but also do the magic fountains show (If you don;t know about it, it is a magnificanet water, sound, and light show--free- outdoors--in a major plaza-- check the boards for the exact location and time.

also, this resturant was in a palce called spanish village, which is a very quiaint reproduciton shoppping area that was enjoyable--

hope this helps

Archived