Best cruise for babies

jakesmommy

My family has cruised on various cruise lines, but this is the first time we will be cruising with babies. A 9 month old and a 20 month old. Both are too young to participate in the kids programs. I am wondering which cruise line and ship would be best? Any information on cribs, high chairs, kids pool, or just plain suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated. Please share your experiences with cruising with babies! Thanks!

We're just off the RCI Sovereign of the Seas and the crew absolutely DOTED on my 2-year old daughter! They made sure she always had food immediately in the dining room, the head waiter would stop the procession into the dining room to talk to her, the poolside staff brought her towels (even though she was just wading in the pool - still in diapers), and the steward would always do something funny with her toys. I *highly* recommend this ship for little ones!

No, they don't condone non-trained children in the pools.

I think the best cruise for infants is either Cunard or Disney. Both lines have nurseries that will take infants during the day and evening. Other lines have group sitting after 10pm.

We were just on the Carnival Destiny with a 7 month old. I would highly recommend Carnival, they offer group babysitting in the mornings when in port, on sea days had group babysitting from 12 - 2PM. And babysitting everynight from 10 PM to 3 AM. The charge was $6hr for 1st child $4 each additional. The counslers were wonderful, every time they saw the baby they went crazy over him. The counslers even change diapers. Cribs are offered at group babysiting. Also traveling with us was a 14 month old, she loved the babysitting. She used it on port days.

All the crew loved the babies, the captain at the cocktail party came over and asked to hold my son thought he was so cute. Our waitress took him in the parades at dinner.

Your daughter was recently allowed in the pool on the Soverign with swim diapers? I thought the no diaper rule was strictly enforced now.

I think the poster said her daughter was just wading -- my interpretation of wading would be feet only. Perhaps that is what she meant, rather than fully immersed in the water with the swim diapers?

Archived