Car Rental in Juneau

PastorD2

Do any, and if so, which ones, of the care rental companies in Juneau provide free shuttle service from the cruise ship dock to their car lot?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular company based on good or bad experiences?

Thanks!!

Do any, and if so, which ones, of the care rental companies in Juneau provide free shuttle service from the cruise ship dock to their car lot?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular company based on good or bad experiences?

Thanks!!

I believe that Rent-a-Wreck is the only car rental with shuttle service to and from the ship. We've used them four times and each was a good experience.

I agree with the other posters about Rent A Wreck. We just got back from our cruise, and it was our second time usring that company. The cars are fine - just don't expect shiny new ones. The one we got had a broken windshield wiper fluid mechanism, but not a problem as we never needed it and they were upfront about it.

RAW will expect you to return their car to their office by 5 PM (I think) and they'll shuttle you back into town. Or, for another $13 or so, they will let you leave the car in the parking structure near the docks as long as it is there by 7:30 PM. I've seen on these boards that this option has been sporadically available this summer, but it was definitely available last week as we made use of it.

Archived