p/d going under bridge

nzmatt

I've been watching the cam for an hr now, as the Pacific Dawn sails away from Sydney. When do they go under the bridge?

Maybe the Cam is on the wrong side?

Maybe I'll catch it when they come back.

Thanks! - (Confused Canadian here)

I've been watching the cam for an hr now, as the Pacific Dawn sails away from Sydney. When do they go under the bridge?

Maybe the Cam is on the wrong side?

Maybe I'll catch it when they come back.

Thanks! - (Confused Canadian here)

if the ship left on time at 8 pm would take 10 mins to go under the bridge,i think 4 knots is the speed limit but i am not sure i know all ferry's have to give way to the dawn while going under,oh and the very top of the mast folds down so the ship can fit under.... so the air draft would be around 49 to 50 meters above water line and the ship would have to be ballast down to her water line marks which is 7.8 meters under water just to fit under

matt

I like them pics.

They are great you are really good with your photos nz matt.

While really bored tonight thoght of a way u could save money on the cruise video they do

If you take a dvd recorder u could record it of the tv....

Or with a video camera if you set it right and had a really good one you could record it from the tv savin you money.

YEs i am very bored an hasent been on a cruise ship in 12months nearly its killing me.

I like them pics.

They are great you are really good with your photos nz matt.

While really bored tonight thoght of a way u could save money on the cruise video they do

If you take a dvd recorder u could record it of the tv....

Or with a video camera if you set it right and had a really good one you could record it from the tv savin you money.

YEs i am very bored an hasent been on a cruise ship in 12months nearly its killing me.

thanks,i tried to buy the dvd but as it was a 3 day cruise they didn't do it so i took my own photos,most things we missed out..... due to the 3 day cruise,have to wait to the jewel when we go in 2010 .i could make a image cd with those photos i took and some of the tour i went on in 2007...could make a dvd??i have a burner for dvd but dont know how to use it cd no problem... just call me matt thats my real name,i should do a photography course??

matt

Thank you! I'll try to catch it next time.

Not sure why I didn't see it tonight.

It's 4:15 AM here - Nighty night!

Hi Sunnydaze

The cam that is normally at the front of the ship isn't working at the moment and they have used a side cam for the past 11 days. The angle is different and maybe that is why you couldn't see the bridge :confused: (I wasn't watching the cam tonight so can't be too sure). The Pacific Dawn is back in on Monday morning and scheduled to leave at 4pm Australian EST on Monday evening if you want to try again.

Thanks Brossy!

I think you're right. I was looking sideways at the lights of the shore the whole way, very pretty. Now that I think of it, I did see the side base of the bridge.

I have every port + all the Itinerarys here printed off, and a world clock, so I can see what time it is there.

Trying to watch my baby sail away. HA!

Thanks Brossy!

I think you're right. I was looking sideways at the lights of the shore the whole way, very pretty. Now that I think of it, I did see the side base of the bridge.

I have every port + all the Itinerarys here printed off, and a world clock, so I can see what time it is there.

Trying to watch my baby sail away. HA!

did you sail on p/d sister ship crown princess in 1995 which now is ocean village 2 which is going to be the jewel soon.

nice...the insides were the same as p/d ,but i think crown princess had a big refit when adia cruises had the ship then ocean village cruises,they look the same externally... but the public spaces have changed ,bars restaurants and theater,the cabins remain the same as p/d guess we will find out in dec.would you take a interest in the jewel also?

matt

There was nothing of interest to me on TV tonight, so I was watching the Pacific Dawn leaving Sydney and Dawn Princess arriving at New York on its World Tour. They were both 'happening' at the same time so I had to flick from one to the other, whilst also playing a game of Spider between the 'refreshes'. OMG I sound a sad case, don't I?

You could just see the side of the bridge - I think I prefer the cam at the front, although it's great when the side one is facing the islands on occasions.

Is your daughter on the PD Sunnydaze or another ship?

She's the little piano player that plays with a bass player + drummer on the Pacific Dawn.

She had a 23 hr flight from Western Canada, was picked up from the airport Aug 14th AM + driven straight to the ship. She can't sleep when she flys, so

she will have some serious jet lag! We are 17 hr behind you. It is Aug 14th AM here now. She missed Aug 13th HA!

She likes short contracts, so only signed on til

Sept 25th. She has played on most cruiselines, but this is her 1st time to Australia. I wish I was there!

I'd love to see Australia one day.

She sure has seen the world the last few years!

She's played everywhere!

Archived