Pacific Dawn Baja Deck

mick1960

hey my sister in law and her friend were in this cabin on the weekender cruise 31/7/09.

it is roomy and nice and bright and close to the forward lifts and stairs,we had midship cabin so i cant tell you about movement in b114...but cabin was very good.same as our balcony cabin, but think balcony room but a nice big window instead of balcony.

cheers matt

Hi, i was in cabin b153 and we were mid-front ship thought it was absolutely fine, although i actually liked it when the ship was rocking and i was in bed-helped me sleep..I think baja deck-deck 10 is one of the best decks on the ship as it is only 2 flights to the main deck. The deck above aloha i heard isnt too good as you get a lot of noise from the top deck such as chairs being moved etc, i would def use deck 10 again!! You have done very well there, hope you have a good cruise!!

Hey

Ok well i stayed in Room B102 when i travelled in May 2009 and I have stayed on a lower deck on the Pacific Sun back in 2005. B102 on Pacific Dawn is the first outside room on port side.

I found that being on the 10th Floor was great. It was close to everything, it wasn't a long walk to the pools and the convenience meant not having to wait for elevators as it was easy to walk.

However, being so high does have its disadvantages. You feel EVERY movement of the boat. At first it wasn't to bad but we did encounter a few rough days and missed Mystery Island due to rough seas. Ok so being high up no matter whether you midship etc you will feel movement but because your at the Front of the boat the movement is alot more dominant. I found the rocking from side to side to be worse that the ship nose diving all the time. (Plus when it nose dives its fun to walk up the corridors, hard to stop yourself from running). However the movements that were bad were theones on the bad seas days so if you have great weather it may not even affect you.

I suggest you keep the Air Conditioning on full all day and night. If you get cold i recommend asking your cabin steward for another blanket or Doona. This is because with the rocking, the room gets quiet stuffy which made me feel sicker. Once i left the room and got fresh air i felt great. Wish i had've worked out the air con thing sooner than i did. Also i found eating the fresh fruit helped, rather than the fatty bacon etc.

One of the worst things about being so high up is when you embark the ship and when arriving back on ship after being at the different ports. When we arrived all the elevators were so full and the line for them was so long. We walked it and it was a long walk maybe because of the anticipation i am not sure. But once there its is so easy because you are central to alot of the places and its easier to just walk. I dont advise walking to the Gym, wait for an elevator.

The good thing about being at the front of the ship is that there isn't as much noise from people passing by. And the corridors aren't over crowdard either. The cabin itself is very quiet and blocks out alot of noise, however there is a loud noise outside the cabin. I am not sure if its the engine or washing machines etc. Also on deck 10 i found that it didn't smell compared to other decks. Some decks had the worst smell but not once did ours smell like that.

I recommend taking sea sickness tablets with you just in case and when in bed lay in the middle as much as possibly to avoid almost falling out.

Fingers crossed it is smooth sailing for your cruise.

I hope this has helped you.

Archived