Transportation from Port of Miami to Miami Int'l Airport

tmjtrans

We are cruising on the Carnival Valor Jan 3-10, 2010. What is the best/cheapest way to get a family of 5 from the port to MIA? Is a taxi going to be able to hold 5 people and luggage or do they have van taxis? Do you have to call for one or are they waiting out there fore you?

The last several times we have traveled, we have driven instead of flying, so transportation wasn't an issue and I never paid attention to taxis (don't think I have even ever been in one).

There are always cab vans available post cruise. There of course are more car cabs, so you might have to wait a few min. longer. But it's not like you have to prebook anything or have to wait for hours. Don't worry. There will be attendants lining up the people and cabs so it moves efficiently. If you aren't in a hurry to meet a plane, you can take your time and not fight the big rush at first call.

I took my first cruise in May and let me tell you, there are PLENTY of taxis and vans available when you walk out of the terminal. It was like a sea of yellow taxis. It was three people in my group and we rode with three other people in a van to the airport. It was $25 for my group.

You will not have a problem with transportation back to the airport!:D

I may need to grab a taxi to the LaQuinta Miami East (airport) to return to get my car. Would the taxi be about the same price as the airport? My concern was the availability of taxis but it sounds like there are plenty at all times.

I may need to grab a taxi to the LaQuinta Miami East (airport) to return to get my car. Would the taxi be about the same price as the airport? My concern was the availability of taxis but it sounds like there are plenty at all times.

The flat rate applies to the airport, not surrounding hotels. So you might pay a bit more.

Hello -

So a cab from MIA to the port is only $24 no matter how many people are in the cab? I am trying to find a cheaper opition then taking the shuttle thru the cruise line. Is that the way to go? Last crusie several years ago we flew into FLL and sailed out of the Port of Miami. So we choose to take the shuttle arranged by the cruise line.

This time we are flying into MIA instead....

Thanks!

Jennie

Hello -

So a cab from MIA to the port is only $24 no matter how many people are in the cab? I am trying to find a cheaper opition then taking the shuttle thru the cruise line. Is that the way to go? Last crusie several years ago we flew into FLL and sailed out of the Port of Miami. So we choose to take the shuttle arranged by the cruise line.

This time we are flying into MIA instead....

Thanks!

Jennie

Yes, MIA to Port of Miami the flat rate is per TAXI, not per person (plus tip of course). You can always do better than cruise line transportation, air, hotels, etc. etc. ;)

Even from FLL to Miami SAS is a better alternative than cruise line transportation.

You could always catch the cab to MIA (if find others to join you for flat fee) & call and catch the La Quinta hotel shuttle once you reach airport.

I just read hotel is 1 mile away. We plan on staying at this location based on shuttle availability.

Would you please post experience on shuttles and hotel stay post cruise?

Thanks we are sailing end of October.

We used a service we got thru staying at the The Fountain blu hotel the mans name is Munir 786-346-5105. It is a husband and wife very honest, reliable and reasonable. We've used them a few times they've picked us up at the airport, taken us to the hotel ,picked us up & taken us to the cruise port and picked us up from the cruise port to the airport and we've been happy every time. We always use them. I don't usually post but I've gotten so many great tips on these boards I feel I need to share too. We wouldn't use anyone else.

Buffetfan - Unfortunately I am not cruising until January so you will be staying at Laquinta before me. The one thing I have heard from others and read on these boards is that you should put your name on the shuttle list when you check in. They will let you know what time your shuttle is scheduled. Have a great cruise.

You could always catch the cab to MIA (if find others to join you for flat fee) & call and catch the La Quinta hotel shuttle once you reach airport.

I just read hotel is 1 mile away. We plan on staying at this location based on shuttle availability.

Would you please post experience on shuttles and hotel stay post cruise?

Thanks we are sailing end of October.

We did just this on our cruise last week. Since our ship got back on Friday morning, and we were not leaving until Saturday morning. We took a van with 8 other people, with a trailer on the back, and payed $10 each to get to the airport. We then just hailed the shuttle bus for the Doubletree at the MIA airport from where we got dropped off. It was a piece of cake (except that the shuttle bus driver locked himself out of the bus while trying to load us up) :rolleyes:

Archived