Cruising in 2 days! I have some questions!

BobbyL262

hey there!

It's been so long since I've cruised on Carnival. I've been looking at the FAQs and did some searches on here and I'm coming up empty!

I'm going on a 4 night 5 day on Paradise out of long beach on Monday. I'm cruising with my partner and we're looking for pricing on the Fountain Card? Any idea?

I also heard about this DOD card? I've never heard of that, what is it and what does it include?

Thank you SO MUCH! :D

Bobby

hey there!

It's been so long since I've cruised on Carnival. I've been looking at the FAQs and did some searches on here and I'm coming up empty!

I'm going on a 4 night 5 day on Paradise out of long beach on Monday. I'm cruising with my partner and we're looking for pricing on the Fountain Card? Any idea?

I also heard about this DOD card? I've never heard of that, what is it and what does it include?

Thank you SO MUCH! :D

Bobby

the soda card is about $7 per day, the dod card can be bought onboard..I believe its about $23 it is only good for the drinks that are listed as drinks of the day...

if you are gonna bring some soda onboard...which you are allowed....I would wait to buy your soda card...every day you wait to buy it, knocks about $7 off the price....im bringing a twelve pack of coke with me...then, if I need more after a few days, I will buy the card...saves a few bucks ya know

the soda card is about $7 per day, the dod card can be bought onboard..I believe its about $23 it is only good for the drinks that are listed as drinks of the day...

It does not have to be used for the day's DOD but for any DOD.

So the DOD card is $23 for 7 drinks of the day.. regardless of what day?

yes...if you buy it on the last day..its still the same price....im not sure if it expires....but trust me, on the first day, in the first few minutes onboard...they will be bombarding you up on the lido with drinks of the day....it will be nice to have these cards in hand if you drink like I do

I may be wrong here but I think there is only one kind of DOD per day. Hence! Drink of the Day.:)

yes, but there is a list of all drinks of the day...and you can get any of those on any day...not just the specific drink for that day.....ummmm hence back at ya

ok, being that I smuggled, and didnt actually buy a dod card..I just did some searching...turns out its for 5 drinks....but I was right about the $23 part...unless they raised them

Had a feeling that wasn't the case ;)

That's still QUITE a savings ($3 per drink). I was expecting it to be for four, which would be a savings of $1.25 per.

Sorry, I am so confused after reading so many posts regarding DOD, Soda Card, bringing soda and wine on board...please clarify.

1/ Can you bring a bottle of wine for each person that is over 21. Can we carry this wine in the carry on, in a box container or do we have to actually pack it in the luggage and check in?

2/ Soda- we can sneak these in the suitcase right?

3/ SODA card...how much are they for a 7 days cruise for adult and for child?

4/ DOD...is it $ 23 for 5 drinks? Do you need to use it all in one day? Can you spread the 5 drinks like 2 or 3 days?

5/ Can we bring bottle water on board when we dock at each port?

Thank you,

Tibbie

Sorry, I am so confused after reading so many posts regarding DOD, Soda Card, bringing soda and wine on board...please clarify.

1/ Can you bring a bottle of wine for each person that is over 21. Can we carry this wine in the carry on, in a box container or do we have to actually pack it in the luggage and check in?

2/ Soda- we can sneak these in the suitcase right?

3/ SODA card...how much are they for a 7 days cruise for adult and for child?

4/ DOD...is it $ 23 for 5 drinks? Do you need to use it all in one day? Can you spread the 5 drinks like 2 or 3 days?

5/ Can we bring bottle water on board when we dock at each port?

Thank you,

Tibbie

Allowed wine can be carried on.

A "reasonable" amount of soda and water is permitted, no need to "sneak"

Soda cards are priced per day approx $7 for adults and $5.50 for under 17 kids.

Think of the DOD card as a punch card every time you get a DOD it's punched, doesn't matter if it is the first day or last.

See response to your second question.

My DS is 17 and would like the fancy DOD's of course virgin DOD's, should I buy a DOD card for her too? or is that stupid... I'm a first timer:D

There is no such thing as a "virgin" DOD. DOD's aren't frozen cocktails they are mixtures of various alcahols and juices. In other words a virgin DOD would be a glass of juice.

Don,

Thanks for the advice...is 6 bottle of 12 oz coke is consider reasonable? Can we put the wine, the water and coke botle in the carryon suitcase and just roll it on board?

That bottle of wine...if we bring it to dinner...can they keep it for us for the next night or do we have to take it back to our cabin? How much do they charge to open the wine?

Thanks,

Tibbie

Don,

Thanks for the advice...is 6 bottle of 12 oz coke is consider reasonable? Can we put the wine, the water and coke botle in the carryon suitcase and just roll it on board?

That bottle of wine...if we bring it to dinner...can they keep it for us for the next night or do we have to take it back to our cabin? How much do they charge to open the wine?

Thanks,

Tibbie

"Reasonable" is irrelevant. They're not going to turn you away for bring on too many soft drinks.

Don,

Thanks,

Tibbie

Unless it's a huge bottle of wine;) avoid the corkage fee and leave it in the cabin. Buy a bottle of wine in the dining room and they will keep it for you if not finished. BTW, I don't know what the corkage fee is....maybe $10.00?

Had a feeling that wasn't the case ;)

That's still QUITE a savings ($3 per drink). I was expecting it to be for four, which would be a savings of $1.25 per.

After the gratuity is added they run $26 + change... still saves you a few bucks and they are very easy to use.

Archived