Carnival or RC cozumel or Bahamas? please!

Michelem4

As far as the kids programs go, our kids like Carnival and RCI equally. Personally, I love Cozumel, it's my favorite destination in Mexico. Key West was just okay, our ship arrived there kind of late and there wasn't much to do in the evening with the kids in tow.:( I can't say anything about nassau or coc cay since I haven't been there.

You might go to CC's main page and start reading reviews of the two ships to see how other people liked them. CC also has a page where people have rated the ships and you can see how the two ships were rated. One might be rated much higher than the others.:)

Fascination has plenty of time in Key West to do stuff with kids (rent one of those little punch buggy mobiles, bikes, etc) We were there right after "bike week" in Daytona and it was Mardi-gras the day we were there so there were alot of Harley's tooling around, but we basically did a little shopping, rented bikes and rode down to the most southern spot in the country there and took our pictures at the marker, checked out some gardens that were there in the center of town, and bascially had a nice relaxing day. Bought a really cool basket from some Jimmy Buffet lookin' guy that was weaving them out of palm leaves on the street. Overall, it was a neat place to hang for the day.

I'll let you know about Nassau when we get back! Looks like we'll opt for a beach day there, and do any excursions we want to fit in in Freeport.

Karen

A great port for kids. Get a taxi, go to the opposite side of the island and camp out on the beach for the day. The waiters will bring cheap beer/pop/snacks to you so you never have to get up and the kids can totally unwind. We were the ONLY ones on our beach so I didn't have to worry at all about losing the kids. We spent $30.00 for the whole day. Plus, stop at a bakery (ask the taxi driver) and your kids will get a real treat. Mexicans understand the pastry.

I love Cozumel wth kids.

Esther

• 2 weeks later...

I went on Carnival Fascination two years ago and my son was 9. We did Nassau and a day at sea. THe other ship I was looking at was the Majesty of the sea. That itinerary was the same but stopped at Coco Kay instead of the day at sea. I felt it was easier to keep tabs of my kids on the ship then at a private island. It worked out well cause it rained the day we were at sea. I don't know what we would have done in Coco Cay during the rain.

This year we are going on the Imagination with Key West, Cozumel and a day at sea. Again I chose the Carnival ship because I didn't want to risk a rainy day at Coco Cay.

Hope this helps. PS we love the Fascination, not the newest but it was still great.

I loved Cozumel and Nassau with my children. Went to Playa del Sol Beach once and Chakunaab Park and Beach the other time. Snorkeled, swam with dolphins, used pattle boats, and just relaxed. Kids had a great time.

At Nassau we took a taxi to Atlantis and paid for a day room which was $120 for 7 people. We split the cost and used their facilities for the day.That included the waterslides (awesome), pools, private beaches and even had a room if needed.

It is all in preference. Must do both eventually!!

You will have fun whatever you decide!!:)

Archived