Anybody has booked Altun Ha tour while they are at the dock?

gam888

Can't decide if we want to pre-book Altun Ha + City tour with Belize Excursions/Island Marketing, ($42.50 with lunch), or Coral Breeze ($44 no lunch). Worry if the weather is really unbearable hot we might decide to go to Bannister Island or something. So not comfortable in paying a deposit in case we decide not to go. If we can try to catch an early tender boat to dock, what are the chances of booking an Altun Ha tour with one of the local vendors. I have researched into the vendors with the website (Belize Excursion, Coral Breeze...etc), would they take "walk ins" and have their representatives at the dock booking customers? Would the prices be the same? Don't want to just take a taxi cos that is a bit out risky for us being in Belize (although we have taken taxi tours in Cozumel). Please advise. We will be doing Stingray Sandbar with snorkeling in Grand Cayman so we don't really want to snorkel twice in one week. Not sure what other worthwhile tours in Belize we can do to give us a taste of this culture.

We did a tour on-the-fly with an operator waiting at the tender pier in Belize. While we had tried to book an independent tour in advance, the difficulty in getting people to the tour timely (because of the time required to tender) prevented us from meeting up with the booked arrangement. I would be wary of making firm advance arrangements in Belize for this very reason.

We had intended to do Altun-Ha + Belize City and were able to do so easily. I can't recall the exact amount but I believe it was less than what you are quoting. Be prepared. Wear long-sleeved shirts, inset repellent, sunscreen, hats, good footwear. Some people were not prepared and were eaten by the mosquitoes. I dread to think where they bit the young woman in the way-too-short miniskirt and flip-flops . . . don't be her.

Archived