Door Decor

sbartist

I thought my hubby would roll his eyes when he saw that I have done a door decoration for every day of our cruise. Actually, it's just a cartoon graphic of the two of us that I've created caption balloons for, such as:

"Lido Deck for Sail-Away!" or "Time for Trivia!"

"Lifeboat Drill! Get to your muster stations!"

Things like that. I'll post them after the cruise, once I take a pic everyday. So I'll come back and see you then!

I've never had anyone take anything that they shouldn't take. I say that because I also make a bunch of little fun-foam rememberance tokens (refridgerator magnet size) with the ship's name and the sail date and I invite people to take one as a souvenier. Usually, they play nice and once all the "gifts" are gone, I take the "have one!" sign down. It's been fun, and there's never been a time that people don't seek us out and thank us for their little rememberance gift. It's been a nice way to meet people.

I love hearing them giggle outside our cabin door, so I know they're enjoying them as much as we do! For the most part, everyone thinks they're too nice to do anything mean, destroy or steal them. Which is very nice.

Love your idea of a small, Take One. I'll have to give that some thought for our May 2016 TA.

If you look up peel n stick or peel n place, removable wall decals etc you can find some reeeeally cute stuff in all kinds of themes. We used a porthole that peeled right off and never damaged the door.

Thank you so very much for the idea. It is so much fun to do stuff like this.

Thank you so very much for the idea. It is so much fun to do stuff like this.

Lol....there is also one that I did last cruise .....its a toilet seat peel n stick. Its a shark with teeth and everything, goes on the lid. Cute touch for boosting happy/humorous moods.

Also did a peel n stick tiki bar inside our cabin on a wall for funny selfies after too many cocktails.

For kiddos this time, im doing Finding Nemo peel n sticks inside our cabin. They are fairly priced and fun and best of all they dont vandalize the ship

Lol....there is also one that I did last cruise .....its a toilet seat peel n stick. Its a shark with teeth and everything, goes on the lid. Cute touch for boosting happy/humorous moods.

Also did a peel n stick tiki bar inside our cabin on a wall for funny selfies after too many cocktails.

For kiddos this time, im doing Finding Nemo peel n sticks inside our cabin. They are fairly priced and fun and best of all they dont vandalize the ship

I told my son, right after the muster class it is priority to decorate the door. Although we hope to be on board around 11:00 so maybe we can decorate before we get access to the room.:)

I thought my hubby would roll his eyes when he saw that I have done a door decoration for every day of our cruise. Actually, it's just a cartoon graphic of the two of us that I've created caption balloons for, such as:

"Lido Deck for Sail-Away!" or "Time for Trivia!"

"Lifeboat Drill! Get to your muster stations!"

Things like that. I'll post them after the cruise, once I take a pic everyday. So I'll come back and see you then!

I've never had anyone take anything that they shouldn't take. I say that because I also make a bunch of little fun-foam rememberance tokens (refridgerator magnet size) with the ship's name and the sail date and I invite people to take one as a souvenier. Usually, they play nice and once all the "gifts" are gone, I take the "have one!" sign down. It's been fun, and there's never been a time that people don't seek us out and thank us for their little rememberance gift. It's been a nice way to meet people.

I love hearing them giggle outside our cabin door, so I know they're enjoying them as much as we do! For the most part, everyone thinks they're too nice to do anything mean, destroy or steal them. Which is very nice.

Would you pleasr give me full details and supplies on how to make foam rememberance tokens. That sounds like a great idea.

• 1 month later...

I made a padded banner for our door on the Northbound cruise out of Vancouver. Then we bought little pins at every port and any appropriate excursions. After the trip, we added the pins to the banner and it's hanging in my sewing room.

DoorDecoration_zpsxavvp76i.jpg

Of course, we had to carry the theme to the inside, too.

1436624556098_zpslhkrcgoa.jpg

Edited by emeraldcity

• 4 weeks later...