paying at Ephesus

Please can anyone tell me what currency is accepted at Ephesus. Can we use Euros instead of Turkish Lira? Can you pay by credit/debit card? What about the terrace houses - I understand that you pay seperately at a different ticket desk for the houses?

Also - can you pick up a guide at the gate if you want one? What sort of cost and do they insist on local currency or will Euros be accepted?

As an alternative to a human guide, has anyone used audio headset tour - I had heard this was an option but can't find any information as to whether this is correct or if it is is it any good. What is the cost?

Thanks in advance for any advice:)

Please can anyone tell me what currency is accepted at Ephesus. Can we use Euros instead of Turkish Lira? Can you pay by credit/debit card? What about the terrace houses - I understand that you pay seperately at a different ticket desk for the houses?

Also - can you pick up a guide at the gate if you want one? What sort of cost and do they insist on local currency or will Euros be accepted?

As an alternative to a human guide, has anyone used audio headset tour - I had heard this was an option but can't find any information as to whether this is correct or if it is is it any good. What is the cost?

Thanks in advance for any advice:)

We had to pay cash (Euros) at the Virgin Mary's House. But the other places took my Capitol One. Be sure to check the exchange rate because you could get a better deal paying with Euros. We used www.tur-tour.com. We paid $40/pp (there were 9 of us)for the 1/2 day in Ephesus which included Virgin Mary's House ($7), Ephesus ($12), Terrace Houses ($9). Then had time to go to a "non pressure" rug weaving facility and that was very interesting as well. We had a driver and guide for that price. The van was very nice and guide quite knowledgeable. I don't know about the head phones, I really didn't see anyone using them. We had a great time and enjoyed every thing we saw. If I was to leave off anything..it would have been the Virgin Mary's House. There is no real proof, from what I understood, that she was actually there or died there. Some people really appreciate it though, so it boils down to personal preference. Have fun!!! Take water!! It's pretty hot.

We had to pay cash (Euros) at the Virgin Mary's House. But the other places took my Capitol One. Be sure to check the exchange rate because you could get a better deal paying with Euros. We used www.tur-tour.com. We paid $40/pp (there were 9 of us)for the 1/2 day in Ephesus which included Virgin Mary's House ($7), Ephesus ($12), Terrace Houses ($9). Then had time to go to a "non pressure" rug weaving facility and that was very interesting as well. We had a driver and guide for that price. The van was very nice and guide quite knowledgeable. I don't know about the head phones, I really didn't see anyone using them. We had a great time and enjoyed every thing we saw. If I was to leave off anything..it would have been the Virgin Mary's House. There is no real proof, from what I understood, that she was actually there or died there. Some people really appreciate it though, so it boils down to personal preference. Have fun!!! Take water!! It's pretty hot.

Thanks for that. We will be there in October so the temperature should be comfortable but will take water anyway.

Archived