Do you have pictures of Maritime Quest, QM2?

zimmerjulie

Hello everyone,

I took my grandmother on a QM2 cruise in Aug 2007. It was an incredible experience for us.

While going through "Maritime Quest", we left to attend a lecture and intended to return to see the rest of it at a later time. As often happens, we were so preoccupied with all of the other offerings that we did not get back to it. This was a great regret of my grandmother's, and I held hope that we could someday return together to see the rest of it.

Unfortunately, she had some recent organ problems and an examination (her first, at age 88) revealed advanced stages of cancer. We will not be able to return to QM2.

It saddens me that I did not make sure we got back to Maritime Quest for her to see the rest.

I thought of my Cruise Critic community and wondered if any of you have pictures of the exhibits that you could share with us. The part that we missed was port side, the aftmost 5 or so pictures and descriptions, but anything you might have would be greatly appreciated.

I will post my e-mail address if anyone is able to help.

Thank you so much,

Julie

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if you may know of any other suggestions for me as to how to find some literature, etc. about this exhibit. Anything posted to this thread would be greatly appreciated.

With the memorabilia selection that they have in the onboard bookstore, it seems possible that they have a book with pictures and captions. I have been unable to find anything online (Amazon.com, etc), but wondered if anyone may have seen anything like that onboard, or if anyone is willing to check when they sail in the very near future.

Time is getting very short and we are planning a birthday party for her Sep 7. I hope I can find something by that time.

I greatly appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Julie

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if you may know of any other suggestions for me as to how to find some literature, etc. about this exhibit. Anything posted to this thread would be greatly appreciated.

With the memorabilia selection that they have in the onboard bookstore, it seems possible that they have a book with pictures and captions. I have been unable to find anything online (Amazon.com, etc), but wondered if anyone may have seen anything like that onboard, or if anyone is willing to check when they sail in the very near future.

Time is getting very short and we are planning a birthday party for her Sep 7. I hope I can find something by that time.

Thank you,

Julie

Hi Julie...I'm so sorry for your Grandmother's illness. It sounds quite grave and no doubt a difficult time for you both.

I've just returned from 16 days on QM2 and I don't remember any such book in the bookstore unfortunately but perhaps someone sailing soon might find one.

I've taken photos of the Maritime Quest in various parts over the past couple of years...don'[t know if they'd be what you are looking for but I'd be happy to send you what I have for her. If you want to post your email address I'll pull some out and send along.

I hope her birthday will be a special time for you all.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Hi Everyone,

Thank you,

Julie

Hi.

Well I am due to sail for 21 days on QM2 but not untill November, we are on the Queen victoria in just a few days, I can have a look and see for you, also if you go onto the cunard web site there is a link to site that deals with all things cunard, you might try on there as well

rob

Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much this means to me.

Penny, my e-mail address is:

zimjb@

comcast.net

(all run together)

I would so appreciate any and all pictures of Maritime Quest that you would be willing to send my way. I can't wait to show her!!

Thank you also for your understanding and compassion. It is so hard to lose my dear grandmother. She is my hero, my cruising buddy, and a true kindred spirit.

Julie

Rob, thanks also for your excellent suggestion and kind offer.

Through the Cunard website I found a book called, "Stars Abroad: Celebrities of Yesteryear Who Traveled Cunard during the Golden Age of Transatlantic Travel".

I think this will have some of the same types of pictures and information that she so enjoyed while looking at the exhibit.

If you happen to see a book specific to Maritime Quest while aboard your voyages, I would be very interested to hear the details.

Have a wonderful time and thank you again.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julie,

The wonderful little 'Cunardia' book that they sell on board was also available on Amazon last time I checked, and it uses much of the same facts & trivia used on the heritage trail. It's sold on its own or with two others (one about stars on board, memory of the third escapes me)

Good news - the launch of Queen Victoria and departure of the QE2 means it's very reasonable (less than £10) because references to the current fleet are out of date

Bad news - it may be harder to get hold of, especially on your side of the pond. The Titanic Museum around the corner from me still has them (I live in Southampton) so if you would like one and have any trouble obtaining one, let me know and I'll post one over for you.

Best regards to your grandmother.

Archived