Day Long Shore Excursion to Granada?

brazzleman

Are you on the Nov 2 sailing? We've signed up for the Alhambra tour, and I do wish someone would respond to your question. I hope it's great and that more people will sign up because I'd love to go there. The Alhambra is supposed to be quite amazing.

My 84 year old Mother had the Alhambra on her bucket list so we took her on this cruise and it was her favorite excursion outside of Barcelona. The trip is a full day, but all of us were delighted with the entire experience. In the summer, it can get very hot so we were glad we dressed accordingly and wore a wide brimed hat and sunscreen. The Alhambra is magical and just beautiful as are the surrounding grounds and town. Going up to the Alhambra you will pass through areas that remind me a lot of our native Napa and Sonoma Counties. Going in November, temperature shouldn't be an issue.

BTW, another highlight of our cruise: When we returned to Barcelona on our last day, we flew up to the Bilbao for the day in order to see the Gugenheim Museum designed by Frank Gehry. It was spectacular. More important than it's art collection, be sure to get an english speaking docent who can give you a personalized tour of the entire space. We did it in under 2 hours and we were back in Barcelona in time for a late dinner and a taxi tour at night of the Gaudi's buildings.

• 1 month later...

We will be on the 11/2 cruise, our 4th with Windstar. We have 5 days planned in Barcelona and would be happy to share some of the things we will be doing there if you are interested. We have reserved a car for the trip to Granada and the Alhambra along with admissions. This deals with the possibility of a "no go" of the Windstar excursion and cuts the cost in half. We have also done some research on the other ports that we would be happy to share with you. We look forward to meeting you onboard and would welcome your questions at dherron1@wi.rr.com. We will also be on the crossing from Lisbon to Barbados and would be glad to hear from anyone doing the same.

This is posted else where but thought it would be appropriate here as well. Take note that The City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia is not included as a possible excursion by Windstar. This is a must see development designed by Santiago Calatrava. We have an Art Museun in Milwaukee designed by Calatrava and we are really looking forward to seeing the amazing work he has done in Valencia.

Archived