Sky Suite v. Princess Mini Suite, v. Oceania PH

JennAngel9

Can anybody who has cruised in a mini suite on Tahitian/Pacific Princess let me know how similar or different they are from the sky suite category on Azamara ships? We had decided we didn't want a sky suite (and booked a regular verandah cabin) because we weren't too impressed with our cabin on the Tahitian a couple years ago, but I recently read that none of the R ships had minisuites and so each subsequent owner designed their own minisuites-- with the notable exception of the royal princess. If the Azamara ships (particularly the journey) have nicer/roomier bathrooms, I think we will change to a suite gty, if we can.

Thanks!

Jenifer

Jennangel9,

Of the 8 ex "R" ships, 5 were built exactly the same with all mini suites (plus of course the 4 big suites) on Deck 8. Those 5 ships are: the Tahitian/Ocean Princess, Pacific Princess and Oceania's Nautica, Regatta and Insignia. The other 3 ships which were built without mini suites on Deck 8 were the Royal Princess and Azamara's Quest and Journey.

Azamara added some mini suites or sky suites on Deck 8 - in the middle - to their Quest and Journey and they are slightly different in furnishings to the ones on the other 5 ships. They have quite modern furnishings and the bathrooms are a similar size.

If you had a mini suite on the Tahitian Princess, then the size is exactly the same only the layout is a little different. We love the mini suites for their larger verandahs, the roomier bathrooms and the more spacious cabin over the normal verandah cabins.

Hope this helps a little with your query.

Jennie

Thanks Jennie! I appreciate your quick response. We have only ever sailed TP (we will soon be trying out the Journey) and only in a minisuite, so if it is that much roomier than a verandah I guess we'll be in for an adventure! With your information, we would definitely pay a few hundred more for the SS, but not 50% over the verandah. Thanks again for your help!

JennAngel9,

We spent 35 days on Oceania's Nautica in a verandah cabin as all the mini suites were booked out 18 months in advance and even though we were number 3 on the waiting list, it just didn't eventuate.

We grew to love our "home away from home" and were very comfortable in that size cabin though of course I would have loved the larger space, but then again the money we saved helped to pay for some excursions so it does balance up in the end.

Jennie

We did a Sky Suite last March on a TransAtlantic cruise on the Jouney. It was everything that other members have said to you. ONE Drawback, they Suites all are on Deck 8, which is below the Pool area, you will here some noise throughout the day and even up till about 10:30 PM of Deck Chairs and Music noises. I was not a major issue w/us, but could be for others.

"Mitch"

Great photos! Thanks. We decided to take the plunge on the bigger suite, but when we called az, they told us suite gty and sky suites were sold out. They offered DH a Penthouse for 6k-- he offered 3k, but they weren't looking to make a deal. ;)

Archived