Tropical Storm Update

waiting4acruise

There is an earlier post on this too. I'll repeat what I posted there, in case anyone missed it:

Glory - Swap St. Thomas and St Maarten for Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

Liberty - Swap St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk for Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Nassau

Freedom - Swap San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, and Tortola for Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and a Sea Day

Victory - Swap Antigua and St Kitts for St. Maarten and a Sea Day

I think it is just about guaranteed we will have some people come on here and complain about how bad Carnival was for skipping the ports they were most looking forward to, and how the substitute ports and sea days are awful. That's always good for a few laughs!

There is an earlier post on this too. I'll repeat what I posted there, in case anyone missed it:

Glory - Swap St. Thomas and St Maarten for Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

Liberty - Swap St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk for Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Nassau

Freedom - Swap San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, and Tortola for Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and a Sea Day

Victory - Swap Antigua and St Kitts for St. Maarten and a Sea Day

I think it is just about guaranteed we will have some people come on here and complain about how bad Carnival was for skipping the ports they were most looking forward to, and how the substitute ports and sea days are awful. That's always good for a few laughs!

The Carnival's update as of 8pm has the Glory, Liberty, and Victory going back to their original itineraries.

TROPICAL UPDATE

August 16, 2009 – 8:00 PM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Ana and Tropical Storm Bill. All of our ships are operating at a safe distance from these storms. Our number one priority is the safety and comfort of our guests and crew.

Due to a favorable change in the forecast for these storms, we will now operate the scheduled itineraries for the Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Victory. The Carnival Freedom will now visit Nassau (Sun.), San Juan (Tues.), St. Thomas (Wed.) and Tortola (Thur.).

We are not anticipating any other itinerary changes at this time. We will update this information if any other changes become necessary.

Wow! They originally said: "We are not anticipating any other itinerary changes at this time. We will update this information if any other changes become necessary."

Then they changed it back and said the same thing? My head is hurting!!

Wow! They originally said: "We are not anticipating any other itinerary changes at this time. We will update this information if any other changes become necessary."

Then they changed it back and said the same thing? My head is hurting!!

That because the storms change so quick.

Carnival will do its best to keep the ships out of harm's way.

Archived