MR 10-Day Forecast...60% T-Storms...What to do About Shore Excursions??

lgazz

We’re sailing aboard Mariner OTS next Sunday (8/23). We’re coming down to the wire to book shore excursions (through RCI). Yes…We pay the premium for ship excursions as we have 2 children and consider it “insurance” we won’t be left behind somewhere…

We are considering a kayak tour in Mazatlan (or maybe Stone Island) and a snorkel trip in Cabo. I just checked weather.com and see that there is a 60% chance of t-storms in our timeframe.

What to do?? What to do???

Are these places like Orlando…Where it rains basically every day, but not enough to ruin the day? Or, should we hold-off and not book in advance and see what the weather forecast is a day-or-so ahead of time? (I HATE standing in line at the Shore Excursion desk!) I know we can book and cancel, but I HATE standing in line at the Shore Excursion desk! (Did I say that already!!??!!)

Thanks in advance for the input!

Well, I guess your only option is to book and then if you want to cancel, STAND IN LINE AT THE SHOREX DESK. :p

Thanks, I guess I was hoping for some input/experience on typical weather patterns...

Sorry if I wasn't specific enough...I understand my option(s) as they relate to the shore excursion desk.

For the most part, all the weather reports will give a high percentage for chance of rain because most destinations do not have a meteorology center and so they show a 12-24hour time period. As well, the rain is warm and refreshing and typically happens for a short time in the late afternoon or evening and usually never enough to cancel a tour. Tours will only usually cancel and give a refund if it is a storm with lightning/strong wind. A typical rainstorm stops nothing in Mexico, in fact most people relish the rain and go out to be in it. :)

For the most part, all the weather reports will give a high percentage for chance of rain because most destinations do not have a meteorology center and so they show a 12-24hour time period. As well, the rain is warm and refreshing and typically happens for a short time in the late afternoon or evening and usually never enough to cancel a tour. Tours will only usually cancel and give a refund if it is a storm with lightning/strong wind. A typical rainstorm stops nothing in Mexico, in fact most people relish the rain and go out to be in it. :)

DITTO, Very well said!

We’re sailing aboard Mariner OTS next Sunday (8/23). We’re coming down to the wire to book shore excursions (through RCI). Yes…We pay the premium for ship excursions as we have 2 children and consider it “insurance” we won’t be left behind somewhere…

We are considering a kayak tour in Mazatlan (or maybe Stone Island) and a snorkel trip in Cabo. I just checked weather.com and see that there is a 60% chance of t-storms in our timeframe.

What to do?? What to do???

Are these places like Orlando…Where it rains basically every day, but not enough to ruin the day? Or, should we hold-off and not book in advance and see what the weather forecast is a day-or-so ahead of time? (I HATE standing in line at the Shore Excursion desk!) I know we can book and cancel, but I HATE standing in line at the Shore Excursion desk! (Did I say that already!!??!!)

Thanks in advance for the input!

Have you signed onto the rollcall for 8/23 on Mariner - there's quite a bunch on there now & it sounds like most have kids. They've got the kids all emailing & making friends pre-cruise.

Lots of good ideas about excursions, packing, etc..

Archived