Will I like Jewel as well as Millennium????

DeRon

Enjoy, Lois! We love Bermuda! I was looking into the Horizon for Bermuda a while back, but we have to have a balcony, so, the Horizon is not the ship for us. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise. Maybe your next will be on the Jewel or the Voyager class. I'd also like to check out the Freedom.

Happy New Year, everyone!

hi DeRon:) .....after all this going back and forth....I will be going back on X....going on HORIZON to Bermuda....totally opposite of these ships....very small...no specialty restaurants.......and she is leaving the fleet at the end of 2005...I want to sail her before she goes.........and I was supposed to go to Bermuda this year but had to cancel.....so now I have my chance!

I am sure you will enjoy whatever cruise you choose:D

I was on last weeks' Christmas sailing on the Jewel where we and the Millenium basically went everywhere together and based on appearance, let's just say I was very proud to be standing on the Jewel. It looked to me like the Millienium was in certain ways a predecessor to the Radiance class with many similar features like elevators facing the ocean and a "rigid" structure at the upper decks. However, it seemed that the Millenium was ten years older than the Jewel. However, I am basing this completely on looks with no knowledge of the Millenium so take this comment lightly and as the saying goes, "don't judge a book by its' cover"

Lois--the Voyager class does not include Jewel, which is Radiance class, a smaller ship. I'd say the Voyager class is probably closer to the Mille, but with RCCL, this class of ship is far more exciting than what X has to offer in terms of offernings for this class in interior design. While I enjoyed Mille, I far more enjoyed the AOS and VOS for their ambiance with AOS getting it hands down for plain old fun to see and design.

As you may know we will be on Jewel in April, and we are very much looking forward to sailing on this ship.

I'd say the Voyager class is probably closer to the Mille.
I am not sure if you were speaking of style or size here, but actually Millenium class and Radiance class are the same size (around 90,000 tons). Even style though, I have read many people's posts that the Radiance experience is the closest to the M class on Celebrity.

Maybe others have a better opinion of this since I have been on neither.:o

DeRon

I am enjoying reading this thread as well as I most certainly would like to sail on a Millenium class Celebrity ship as well as RCI. The itineraries right now for Celebrity are just lacking for Caribbean but have looked at a Mexican cruise on Summit for Oct 2005...good price too!

Emmy

Well... Emmy, I know this will confuse some folks (because of some of my posts), but we have made a decision to go on the Millennium in April. We have always wanted to experience the M class on Celebrity, so we are gonna do it. We also got some better pricing.

Thanks for everyone's input!!

DeRon...which 'M' ship and what sail date..maybe our itineraries cross with Jewel.

Have a great cruise and be sure to do a review...an 'M' ship is in my future...first have to do Ultra Voyager in May 2006

Enjoy!

Emmy

Archived